Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 23242526
Like Tree189Likes

Default Re: Getting Started with Android - Tips and Tricks

I have a question. I am considering purchasing my first android phone. I know nothing about the operating system. The phone I want is the Sony Xperia Z1 Compact.

Here is the most important issue for me. I want to be able to make payments with my phone. Does this phone allow me to use my Paypal account to make purchases with participating merchants?

Welcome to Android Central! According to the app page:

"PAYPAL NOW ACCEPTED IN STORES. Take PayPal with you to local stores, cafes, restaurants and more. Use the app to check in to pay with your phone. We’re just getting started here, so look out for more locations coming soon."

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...2pmobile&hl=en

So it sounds like the payment is based on checking in (sort of like with Facebook or Foursquare), not on NFC (tap to pay).

Greatest Thread for newest Androiders...
    But looks this requires lot of re-work again.. most of stuff is not available on note 3, did not found same on lava iris as well ?/=

Quote Originally Posted by AndroidTechH3lP View Post
    Greatest Thread for newest Androiders...
    But looks this requires lot of re-work again.. most of stuff is not available on note 3, did not found same on lava iris as well ?/=
    This is a pretty outdated thread, only going as far as ICS (Android 4.0). See this more updated guide: http://forums.androidcentral.com/gen...id-2014-a.html

Clicking on a link in post 1 opens in default browser and not the app?

How do I change the back ground photo on my AccuWeather widget on my Galaxy S5...I tried looking for on here but the only thing I see is the Transparency.not the actual photo.
Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 23242526