Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree185Likes

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts

Default Post #5

Once again thanks for the tips and getting started with Android.

Quote Originally Posted by Radicalnm View Post
    Lol at your posts countdown

Milo, great work. One thing I noticed is that your copy/paste item references sense specific features. Vanilla copying isn't quite as slick on non sense phones. I think other parts may as well, such as settings and perhaps other items.

You might want to note where things only apply to HTC phones (or leave it out if you're trying to be general). I'm an Evo guy too, though I could fire up my old TP2 with Vanilla Android on it to help you figure out what's HTC specific if you want.

Global Posts
    236 Global Posts
    ROM
    VGNex:4.1; ATP:Stock

Excellent job - crazy amount of useful info! Can't wait for my Fascinate to get delivered and get my android on!
    Thanked by:

This is a great guide. Thanks! Looking forward to getting an Android device in the near future.

In the very near future!

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Hulscher View Post
    This is a great guide. Thanks! Looking forward to getting an Android device in the near future.

Global Posts
    1 Global Posts

Default Re-installing OS in G1

a
    week ago i was trying to update my G1 but it stops at first screen on 2nd reboot. and doesn't go anywhere or show anything. plz help me to re-installing android operating system or to start my g1
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #83  

Quote Originally Posted by RizhCh View Post
    a
    week ago i was trying to update my G1 but it stops at first screen on 2nd reboot. and doesn't go anywhere or show anything. plz help me to re-installing android operating system or to start my g1
    For specifici advice, please ask the folks in the forum who own your phone too.

This is just the general help and how-to stuff...
    Milo
    ← Tap Getting Started at the top of any page for help with:
    - Settings - Email - Backup Everything - Phone - Messaging - Music & Photo Sync
    - Keyboards Folders - Favorite Apps - Extending Battery Life - My Avatar
    - iPhone User's Guide to Android - (Palm) - Tablet & Phone Comparison - Epic4GT - ATT - TM
    If this helped, please click Thanks & Like↓
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #84  

Quote Originally Posted by bkrodgers View Post
    Milo, great work. One thing I noticed is that your copy/paste item references sense specific features. Vanilla copying isn't quite as slick on non sense phones. I think other parts may as well, such as settings and perhaps other items.

You might want to note where things only apply to HTC phones (or leave it out if you're trying to be general). I'm an Evo guy too, though I could fire up my old TP2 with Vanilla Android on it to help you figure out what's HTC specific if you want.
    Any help like this would be appreciated. I only have an EVO to use for testing.

If someone has different screens or options, please let me know.
    Milo
    - iPhone User's Guide to Android - (Palm) - Tablet & Phone Comparison - Epic4GT - ATT - TM
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #85  

Quote Originally Posted by Captivate me View Post
    This thread is sooo awesome! I learned so much, and I'm going to subscribe to it so I don't miss a thing.

Couple of newbie questions if anyone would be so kind to answer.
    1. I've rooted my Captivate, but still can't seem to download tethering apps. e.g. PdaNet. I get a message saying the app I'm looking for can't be found. Shouldn't I be able to download such apps now that I'm rooted?
    2. I read the tutorial for copy/paste. I guess my phone is slightly different b/c I wasn't able to double tap a word to bring up a "copy" menu...rather, I hit the menu button while in the browser for the selection. While this works perfectly for text, I can't seem to figure out how to cut and paste images. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for all your help.
    1. Not all apps are available for all phones. You can always try googling the app and going to the developer's website. Some are set up to let you download directly from their own site. In this case it might be that tethering is not legal with your carrier...

2. I added a note: (On some phones, you many need to Tap Menu for Cut and Paste options.)
    Can someone with a different phone tell us if this covers it? I just checked the Droid X User Guide and it the same except the selection points are blue instead of green.

- Craig
    Last edited by milominderbinder; 11-01-2010 at 01:10 PM.
    Milo

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

thanks man

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

the post rule sucks

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

thanks again

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

this guide works

Global Posts
    76 Global Posts

Thanks, This is going to be very useful when I get an Android.

Global Posts
    76 Global Posts

Why do you have to have 5 posts to see attachments? A newbie needs to be able to see this so they know enough to ask questions or comment on posts

I agree. When you are new you have no knowledge to post about. And if you ask a question, it has most likely already been asked. (You just can't see the attachments that go with it.)

Well, since I only need this one more post to see the images for the guide. Here it goes.

Thanks!

IPhone apps as kids are a significant emerging aspiration. string the fall of 2008, there were only a handful of iPhone apps considering kids in the App Store. 1 bout later, magnetism the Education collection (curtain close to 6000 apps) on the iTunes App Store, half of the inauguration 100 Paid Apps are iPhone applications for children. Many of those are iTouch apps since kids designed owing to toddlers and preschoolers. For more info visit: Swag Soft | Singapore iPhone App Developer | Best iPhone Apps for Kids | Fun Apps

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

Thank You! I know I will come back when I get my Evo in a couple of days
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    1 Global Posts

thanks for the post..
    Thanked by:

Thank you for posting this.

It is very useful. I am seriously contemplating a switch from BB to Android.

I had planned on wiating for LTE but circumstances are indcating a change needs to be made this month, so I'm trying to leanr what I can and not ask questions whent eh answers can easily be located

Thanks again
    Thanked by:

I really have had few problems since the switch from a TP2 6.5 to an Evo. The biggest complaint: pure dislike for the on-screen keyboard until I found a replacement. The next: Bluetooth implementation is not good, but it works based on resetting the device once a day. The next: the dang search key is just plain in the wrong location. Exchange is ok.
    EVO & an Acer A500 tablet.

This is a good place...
Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast