Getting Started with Android - Tips and Tricks

ViolentlyFrustrated

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I don't think that this is the place that I need to be, but it is the only place that I am able to type a question! I just purchased a Nexus 7 and after 3 days have finally managed to connect it to my home wifi. I have an old LINKSYS WRT54G at 2.4GHZ. Now that I am finally able to connect to my wifi I need to know how to make it connect to chrome! My wife can connect where she works, but we bought the thing for my son! How can I get this thing to work through my home wifi before I go crazy and have to swear of Android for the rest of my life or forget my SANITY?

hell_on_heels

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I don't think that this is the place that I need to be, but it is the only place that I am able to type a question! I just purchased a Nexus 7 and after 3 days have finally managed to connect it to my home wifi. I have an old LINKSYS WRT54G at 2.4GHZ. Now that I am finally able to connect to my wifi I need to know how to make it connect to chrome! My wife can connect where she works, but we bought the thing for my son! How can I get this thing to work through my home wifi before I go crazy and have to swear of Android for the rest of my life or forget my SANITY?

Go into your app market and search Google chrome. Download it. How does She do it at work? U can type in the search bar www.Google.com and maybe it'll work that way. I bet that's how She did it. Or, and not to be funny, get on your computer and Google it.

o_O WISHING I HAD WAITED AND GOT THE NOTE 2, ANYONE WANNA TRADE? o>_<o~

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

What do you mean by "connect to Chrome"? Chrome is the web browser that is preinstalled on your Nexus 7 (so you don't need to search for it on Google Play). If you're connected to the internet via your router, you should be able to open Chrome and start browsing.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

ThePurpleAndroid

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I think he means so all his Chrome bookmarks from the computer come up on his phone.

I did it when I had Chrome downloaded on my phone... But Chrome didn't agree with SwiftKey3 on my phone so I uninstalled it.

There should be link or sync options in the browser settings

?~?~?HTC Evo Design?~?~?

ViolentlyFrustrated

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Got a new nexus 7 and while I am connected to the home lan the tablet can't sign in. It says "Can't establish a reliable connection to the server." The Tablet has Chrome, but I can't use it because the tablet is isolated. My wife's place of work has an open connection so she can use the tablet there. But it was bought as an educational aid for my son and it needs to be completely usable at home. Now I just wish I was a teen again and had a chance. But, when I was a teen I was excited by my 286 processor!

- - - Updated - - -

Got a new nexus 7 and while I am connected to the home lan the tablet can't sign in. It says "Can't establish a reliable connection to the server." The Tablet has Chrome, but I can't use it because the tablet is isolated. My wife's place of work has an open connection so she can use the tablet there. But it was bought as an educational aid for my son and it needs to be completely usable at home. Now I just wish I was a teen again and had a chance. But, when I was a teen I was excited by my 286 processor!

reacon12

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
New to the forum...have a question, but sure how to post the question.

I think the post went through ok,
I have a new Samsung Galaxy 550 (GT 15500m)

I have searched the forum for this model...no luck.

The version is 2.1...its a prepaid with Virgin

I have wireless in my home, and tried to download a few free apps...what a joke.

Perhaps I have to update the version to something higher

Message I get is:
Security Warning
There are problems with
The security certificate
for this site,

The Name of the site does not match the
name of the certificate.

No patience....Droid headed for the garbage.:mad:

KtBondie

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Really needing some help here everyone. Hope I posted this right. I was managing my pages today on my Photon Q and now I realized that whenever I hit the home key, it takes me to vehicle mode instead of the home screen. HELP!

el41ne

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I have set up my Outlook email on my phone before, but doesn't seem to be able to show the history once I've read the email. So I've deleted the account and have not been able to set it all up again.

Errors I've been getting: incorrect username or password, unable to connect to server, etc.

Can anyone be kind enough to help? This is doing my head in for the past week. Many thanks!

TexasNexus1

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
I have suddenly been unable to receive contacts via text from IPhone users - like vcf files, I think - anyone help me resolve this? On Verizon Ga
laxy Nexus with JB 4.1.1 Thanks

fynegirl72

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Re: Phone Tips and Tricks

Are there any apps to set a default text message when rejecting an incoming call? My Lg Optimus S doesn't have "phone>menu> phone settings>edit default message" Thanks

fynegirl72

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
"Can't establish a reliable connection to the server." That tells me that you cannot connect to the internet. It has nothing to do with Google Chrome. Chrome is only an "app" browser, not the actual internet... Maybe it's time to upgrade your wireless router? But first go on your pc that you have used the wireless router for internet connection and check the settings and then make sure the tablet has the same settings. Good luck! Question...on the tablet, does it show your wireless router as an available connection? Does it try to connect? Does it ever connect but with "limited access"? If so, try resetting the router, 1st just unplug it, plug it back in & try connecting again. If that still doesn't work, try pressing the reset on the router ( a little pin hole with "RESET" next to it). Also, how strong is your internet modem signal? Just pointing out some standard troubleshoots that I have had to do. Again, good luck, hope this helps.

Margaret Ross

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
I need to figure out how to get on the internet with my android tablet. I can't make the keyboard stay on the screen to type in my wi fi router password so that I can get on the internet with it.

indestructibleguy

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
How do I block an app (facebook) from accessing location without turning the gps and location service completely off?

Depending on what you're running, and what you're running it on, go to settings/apps/all, select Facebook, and change permissions.

**GO MAKE SOMETHING HAPPEN - I.Guy*

sent from my N7, using Tapatalk HD

indestructibleguy

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I need to figure out how to get on the internet with my android tablet. I can't make the keyboard stay on the screen to type in my wi fi router password so that I can get on the internet with it.

Is it a N4 or N7? Either way, keyboard settings should be on the bottom left somewhere, check to see if everything is the way you want it, down there under the hood.

indestructibleguy

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site

What do you mean, your tablet is isolated? And is your home WiFi password protected? ( and it may be just me, but I like Firefox better....)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thanthan23