Getting Started with Android - Tips and Tricks

Brcub

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Thank you

Great post, thanks for all the research. Has anyone seen information on the EVO second LED that's on the right side of the phone. Saw something on another forum.

chsinn

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
This great! I started with the Epic and switched to the EVO. Really, the only thing I am missing from the Epic is swype. I have the swiftkey keyboard which is good, but I think I'd still rather have the swype input method. Any way to do that on the Evo now?

chsinn

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
BTW - I did read the part about swype not being in the android market, however, I have heard rumors about ways to get it onto other phones that it does not come pre-installed on.

Evan777

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
Great stuff - will help me when I transition from BB in a few weeks. Will post 5x so I can see the images - sorry for that!

E

Posting 2 of 5 for image viewing ability

Posting 3 of 5 for image viewing ability

Posting 4 of 5 for image viewing ability

Posting 5 of 5 for image viewing ability

Last edited by a moderator:

cindy47

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
about promo codes

hi there,
im wondering if anyone can tell me if its possible to have promo codes with android apps? if not, is there an equivalent to iPhones promo codes so people can test apps for free??
thanks!

Captivate me

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
This thread is sooo awesome! I learned so much, and I'm going to subscribe to it so I don't miss a thing.

Couple of newbie questions if anyone would be so kind to answer.
1. I've rooted my Captivate, but still can't seem to download tethering apps. e.g. PdaNet. I get a message saying the app I'm looking for can't be found. Shouldn't I be able to download such apps now that I'm rooted?
2. I read the tutorial for copy/paste. I guess my phone is slightly different b/c I wasn't able to double tap a word to bring up a "copy" menu...rather, I hit the menu button while in the browser for the selection. While this works perfectly for text, I can't seem to figure out how to cut and paste images. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for all your help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress