- 75 Posts
Two Android phones & one service: easy to switch?
I'm thinking about getting a smaller phone. (I have a NOTE 2)
If I get another android phone, can I toggle between it and my Note 2 easily?
Just as important, can I set up the new phone to have all of the same apps that I have purchased for my Note 2? (without having to purchase those apps all over again?)
So, I'd like to be able to activate and un-activate the phones as needed while having both phones set up in the same way.
- 09-20-2013, 06:44 AM #2
- 4,550 Posts
- Assassin 'Droid
Re: Two Android phones & one service: easy to switch?
Based on your carrier listed, I'm assuming you're talking about on Verizon. So, the apps part is no problem, they're (almost always) tied to your Google account and not the device. The slightly more difficult part is switching between the devices. You can do it 100% online/at home by exchanging the SIM card and, as needed, activating devices on your myverizon account. It could take 5-10 min every time you want to switch for your sim to be activated in the other device, and it requires turning the both devices off, inserting the SIM card into the new device, waiting a few minutes and then booting up the device that you want active. That process will control your mobile data, text and phone calls. All other functionality is tied to the device itself or the cloud, and will still be usable on wifi, etc. On Verizon Wireless it's not quite as simple as just swapping SIM cards, but it's doable with reasonable effort.
- By Roz3man in forum Samsung Galaxy S3Replies: 4Last Post: 09-23-2013, 01:01 AM
- By sfilansno1fan in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 15Last Post: 09-22-2013, 06:34 PM
- By desertrose07 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 2Replies: 2Last Post: 09-22-2013, 11:34 AM
- By kaustubhpatil in forum Google Nexus 4Replies: 2Last Post: 09-20-2013, 11:40 PM
- By Rulleska Singh in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 5Last Post: 09-20-2013, 09:42 AM