Micro SD Card for Samsung Galaxy SIII

Jelfer

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys :)

So I recently got a SGS3 and I'm looking to add to the 16GB internal storage by adding a Micro SD Card. I was aware from other threads - the pinned thread on this site especially - which suggested that 64GB cards are $200 and less. However, by using Google Shopping, I found 64GB SD Cards as cheap as ?7.59 (64GB MICRO SD MEMORY CARD class 10 with a free adapter - UK SELLER! | eBay). As the description says, this is class 10. So my real question is: what is the difference between this cheap 64GB Class 10 Micro SD Card and, for example, a much more expensive SanDisk 64GB Micro SD. Can I expect to see a noticeable difference in performance or is it just expensive branding or something?!

Since I'm new to this, please explain anything!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys :)

So I recently got a SGS3 and I'm looking to add to the 16GB internal storage by adding a Micro SD Card. I was aware from other threads - the pinned thread on this site especially - which suggested that 64GB cards are $200 and less. However, by using Google Shopping, I found 64GB SD Cards as cheap as ?7.59 (64GB MICRO SD MEMORY CARD class 10 with a free adapter - UK SELLER! | eBay). As the description says, this is class 10. So my real question is: what is the difference between this cheap 64GB Class 10 Micro SD Card and, for example, a much more expensive SanDisk 64GB Micro SD. Can I expect to see a noticeable difference in performance or is it just expensive branding or something?!

Since I'm new to this, please explain anything!
First, welcome to the forums!
Second, I do prefer to get brands I have heard of, but SanDisk is getting overrated.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
There is always a risk of counterfeit SD cards, which may be more prone to failure, don't have the memory or speed that is advertised, or just plain don't work. Unfortunately, you run a little more risk of getting one of these if you order one online (especially on eBay) as opposed to buying one in its original packaging from a retail store. A lot of eBay sellers offer returns with relatively little hassle, and shipping cost would presumably be pretty low for a microSD card, so you don't have that much to lose, but keep it in mind!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy