Help! "error device not found"

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! A little more info please--what device, Android version, and app are you referring to? Are you updating through Google Play? What does "SWM" mean?

danowwenergy

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
Ok, I have an HTC Aria. It is version 2.2.2. The app I am trying to update is related to my work and is not available through Google Play, hence I am using the Android Central Side Load Wonder Machine (SWM) app to load it through the back door on my phone. ATT does not allow me to download anything that does not go through Google Play. I have had no trouble updating this app for several years, but now when I use SWM as I previously mentioned it shows and error message of "device not found".

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm not familiar with AT&T, so forgive me if this is a dumb question--but do you mean that AT&T doesn't allow you to install apps from "Unknown Sources"? There's usually an option for that under Settings/Security.

Regarding the app, are you trying to update the app version itself, or update the data? If you're trying to update the app itself, are you sure that it is still compatible with Android 2.2.2? That's a pretty old Android version, so it's possible that your work app may no longer support it.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon