Switch to US Google Play Store

Planins

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
So I'm living in Bulgaria and I just recently got my first Android phone - a Nexus 4. My biggest problem so far seems to be finding great apps in the Store. Coming from an iPhone I am used to checking the featured or recommended apps or just the top free or paid ones. Even with a bulgarian Apple ID I always had an up-to-date featured (home page) in the App Store, but with a bulgarian Google Account I get the same page everytime since I got my phone. It shows the same (rather ugly) Apps to Watch and Editor's choice. Also, it apparently gives me top paid apps in Bulgaria (almost nobody in my country buys apps) so it is really not useful for me. The apps in the front page never get updated and I just can't find nice new apps or anything whatsoever. Otherwise I have all the apps I need and generaly like them - it's just that I need to specially know what I am searching for to be able to find anything.

Is there any way I can change that behavior - I tried proxy servers and VPN (TunnelBear) and I did get it to show me an up-to-date page but only with a US Store account and the said VPN. I can't always use that slow VPN to spoof my location and only using the US account without the VPN doesn't work. Please suggest another way to find apps, like another site or store or anything that comes to your mind as that's my main issue with the phone and might even make me switch. (I also got the iTunes music and movies store available here, unlike Google's but thats something I can live with) Thanks in advance :)

Planins

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
What exactly is interesting you? What kind of apps you are looking for?
All kinds of apps, nothing specific, it's just that the play store doesn't show me anything interesting and I'm used to looking for new apps this way, I don't know how to find the newest apps when the play store front page in my country doesn't get updated.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay