Possible issue with Android Device Manager and the new Lock feature
I was just testing out the new lock feature on my Nexus 7 and it worked great, except, I have multiple users on this device. It seems to have only locked my account from being accessed, not locking the device from being accessed at all. I selected another account on the lock screen and got right in with no issues. Can anyone confirm this? I can't imagine this was the intended result.
- 09-24-2013, 07:47 PM #2
- 2,198 Posts
Re: Possible issue with Android Device Manager and the new Lock feature
I don't have multiple users. It sounds like it might be intended behavior. Like do you really want another user (like a ticked off girlfriend) being able to lock you out of your device?
I think it makes sense....the users should have their accounts locked down anyways (with a passcode) and the lock behavior is to reset that is to lock the device and reset that. I don't think it's intended to be used to lock every user out of the device. I mean, it sucks if the device is stolen and you've let people set up accounts without a passcode on it....
- By xgman in forum Verizon LG G2Replies: 2Last Post: 09-24-2013, 11:02 PM
- By deesugar in forum Rumored DevicesReplies: 1Last Post: 09-24-2013, 10:52 PM
- By goodfellafwn in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 2Last Post: 09-24-2013, 05:15 PM
- By cb2367 in forum Sprint Galaxy S3Replies: 2Last Post: 09-24-2013, 05:03 PM
- By sprocket2107 in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 3Last Post: 09-24-2013, 04:46 PM