1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How can I upgrade from Gingerbread 2.3.6 to Jelly Bean 4.3 on LG Optimus p936 true hd lte?

Hello, I've recently bought LG Optimus P936 and it comes with Gingerbread 2.3.6 and it seems it can't be updated via "software update". This phone seems to have quite strong hardware so I wanted to upgrade Android to newer version. Is there any way I can do this?

Global Posts
    13,824 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Default Re: How can I upgrade from Gingerbread 2.3.6 to Jelly Bean 4.3 on LG Optimus p936 true hd lte?

Quote Originally Posted by kirov37 View Post
    Hello, I've recently bought LG Optimus P936 and it comes with Gingerbread 2.3.6 and it seems it can't be updated via "software update". This phone seems to have quite strong hardware so I wanted to upgrade Android to newer version. Is there any way I can do this?
    Welcome to the forums!
    You could flash a custom ROM. I would check Cyanogen's website to see if your device supported by them.

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: How can I upgrade from Gingerbread 2.3.6 to Jelly Bean 4.3 on LG Optimus p936 true hd lte?

I've heard that you can upgrade when you root the phone. However there seem to be some risks, like that "bricking", but most people say it goes without problems. Should I root my phone?

Global Posts
    13,824 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Quote Originally Posted by kirov37 View Post
    I've heard that you can upgrade when you root the phone. However there seem to be some risks, like that "bricking", but most people say it goes without problems. Should I root my phone?
    You need to root your phone in order to flash a ROM. Best to try to search how to root it, and also see if there is a custom ROM available.

Sent from a Slim 4.3 S3

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here

how to upgrade gingerbread to jelly bean