- 1 Posts
stuck at Android 4.1.1
For xmas last year i got an ipad 2 and loved it!! but it fell off my car last year sna smashed, so this past xmas my dad got me a samsung galaxy tab 2 10.1
I have been loving it so far to this date but as i just realized the android device will not update to android 4.2 or 4.3.It says is updated to as far as it can and i keep hitting the button but it keeps saying " the latest updates havwe already been installed!!
how do i go about fixing this
- 09-24-2013, 11:50 PM #2
- 5,182 Posts
- Stock 4.4 (KitKat)
Re: stuck at Android 4.1.1
Well, sorry to say that the Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 is stuck on 4.1.1 (4.1.2 for the AT&T version) as official updates go. If you really want the latest available version of Android you'll have to root and install custom ROMs. However, I wouldn't advise it unless you really understand the process since you can brick the device and end up with a tablet that is no longer functional.
is there a specific reason why you want to update the device other than wanting to be on the latest and greatest?
- By AGReklaw in forum HTC OneReplies: 46Last Post: 09-30-2013, 04:17 PM
- By laurieberry in forum Verizon Galaxy S3Replies: 20Last Post: 09-27-2013, 02:14 AM
- By kremus in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 1Last Post: 09-24-2013, 07:47 PM
- By Chanlion in forum General News & DiscussionReplies: 3Last Post: 09-24-2013, 06:43 PM
- By jyoungjr in forum AT&T HTC OneReplies: 0Last Post: 09-24-2013, 04:17 PM