Google Play No Connection

Elias1724

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
Both of my 3G and wifi connections work on the browser, but don't when connecting the play store. I looked into and and tried a bunch of solutions to fix it. I cleared data for all google apps, tried turning on/off auto sync, restarted router, re-flashed google apps. Every single time the app doesn't even ask to set up an account, when I click it it only says no connection, as if it never reset. It happened even when I flashed gapps again. When I go to my account it says "Sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be back shortly" and under my account name it says Sync Error. I'm rooted running the liquidsmooth rom ( which I've been running for about 2 months no problems) and I'm running out of options. I really do not want to have to resort to a total reset, or going back to a backup I had in my recovery because it is super old. Any options left or ideas for a fix?

EDIT: Deleted a file called "hosts" in /etc in root explorer!

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Hello.

Can I ask which device you are using?

Also that could be the problem your having. The "host" file plays an important part in where and what your device can do or visit.

Since you don't want to return to an older backup or reset then you can do a little work and maybe resolve the situation.

1. Boot into recovery and make a Nandroid backup of your current setup.

2. Wipe and restore your old working backup.

3. Boot up into your old backup and copy the hosts file from that setup.

4. Return to your recovery and restore your backup you need to " fix " .

5. Once you boot up, using a file explorer place that host file back into the directory and reboot and it may just resolve your problem with connecting to the Play Store.

If this doesn't work you maybe forced into a fresh start by flashing the ROM over again. I just know the hosts file has to do with the old Ad blocking apps and permissions to certain sites, etc...

Aman Verma2

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
i am using micromax ninja a89.....i have rooted it and used an application name FREEDOM...after that my phone is not able to connect to play store...now i have unrooted it...i have done the factory data reset too...but i am not able to connect to play store...i can use the browse..but cannot use any app from google....please i need help.. :(

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
@Elias:

Use the browser on your phone. Go to Google Play Store. If you can use the browser at all, that should work. See if you can download something. If not, it may ask you to log in. Try that. If you can't, go to Google Recovery to get back your login and password. Delete the account in the phone and add a new one - with the information you got from Google.

There are a few things that can be happening here - your account in your phone is wrong, Google's database is messed up, they're doing something to the site, etc., etc. Let's try to narrow it down to whether it's you or them.