Call bloking on jelly bean, changed, general questions and advice?

ceet12

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Hello

i recently updated from ics to jelly bean 4.1.2 on my Samsung galaxy s2 on 02 uk network,
i have noticed a few different issues since the update though regarding blocking calls and i notice the feature isnt as good since the update

previously on ics when blocking a number, once a number called they would be present with "dud a duh sound" which made the phone sound like the number was disconnected it would also not divert the blocked number to the voice mail

since doing a test on jelly bean when blocking a number, it now diverts them to the voice mail, and what's more annoying is once a blocked number calls it seems to one ring on my phone and then divert them to the voice mail, similar to as if i was cancelling there call every time, which is no were near as effective

ive just tried an app called mr number and this is the same, although this does have the option of a "hangup feature" and a send to "voicemail feature" again when the blocked number calls it seems to one ring and then either be disconnected or diverted to the voicemail, which again is like your cancelling there call every time after one ring

on ics when blocking the number they were never presented with the ring tone on there end, they were only presented with the sound of a disconnected line etc.

does anyone know how i can get that feature back???, without using mr number which doesn't do it as well

id like it to be like it was with ics, so basically the blocked number doesn't even get the chance to to be diverted to voice mail or to be not connected at all??? and certainly so it doesnt one ring on my end before the divert/block kicks in, on ics the blocked number never got that far, it was blocked instantly and presented with the disconnected sound, and then i was shown on my phone a log they had attempted to call., i also dont want to give the impression im cancelling the call on my end, as like ics, this was a good feature as certain people would just think your unreachable, know when a blocked contact calls with the new system under jelly bean it looks like your cancelling there call everytime after a one ring.

i hope someone can make sense of that!

also is it still not possible to block text messages from certain spam numbers?

regards

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Whether they hear a ringback (what you call a ringtone) depends on the telephone exchange (since that's what generates it), not anything your phone can do. Even if the phone picks the call up at the moment it sees a connect, it could be after the caller has heard at least part of a ringback. It all depends on how deeply the blocking software goes into the hardware, how long after the caller's central office connects to your phone's central office your phone gets notified that there's an incoming call (which can be well over one second), how soon the ringback is generated, etc. When I use the BlackList app (the one with the yellow and black shield icon), the call is picked up and dropped before the ringback in most cases - but a few callers still get part of a ringback before it's picked up.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power