A little help needed (WiFi issue)

digifrog

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
Hi there

I'm new here. I think I need a little help please. I hope I have posted in the right section. I have had my Samsung Galaxy Mini 2 now for well over a year and up until about 4 days ago I have not had one problem with it. The problem now is that for some strange reason my Mini 2 can no longer to connect to my home WiFi.

I have tried the following (in order):

1. Rebooted the modem/router (a TalkTalk D-Link)
2. In the phones "WiFi Settings" selected forget connection.
3. Tried reconnecting to the network.
4. Used Factory Reset on my Mini 2
5. Rebooted the modem/router
6. In the phones "WiFi Settings" selected forget connection.
7. Tried reconnecting to the network.
8. Pressed routers reset button.

For some reason none of this helps. My phone can see the network. My router is hardlined into the phone socket (so is used as a normal modem also) and seems to be working fine as my desktop PC has no issues connecting (thank God!). The Mini 2 tries to connect to the network when I ask it to but it doesn't want to know. I'm at the end of my knowledge now and I don't know what to do. Why all of a sudden after a year of no issues this has decided to happen is beyond me. Any ideas or help will be welcomed.

Thank you in advance

Scott

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Hi Scott, welcome to the forums at Android Central!

In troubleshooting, you may want to try (very temporarily) disabling your WiFi security and then see if your phone is able to connect. If that works, then try just adding WPA encryption with a 6-8 char alpha password and see if it connects. If that works, try adding a little more complexity to the password.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
So it sounds like you have a combined modem/router provided to you by your ISP. It's worth contacting TalkTalk to see if they can shed light on this. See if they can help you make sure you have the latest firmware installed on your modem/router.

digifrog

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
Thank you Haalcyon. Sounds like a plan. Unfortunately I have no idea how to do that. Why all of a sudden would my phone not connect to my wifi?

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks B. Yes, I've been meaning to get in touch with TalkTalk. It's like my password has changed or something.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar