Displaying incorrect amount of storage? [Solved]

CloudShepherd

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
Hello, I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 16gb model that just feels like showing the incorrect amount of available space on my internal storage. I hope the image below with the title can help express my issue at hand.

Screenshot_2013-09-29-16-32-59.jpg

I tried using Storage Analyzer, but it still doesn't add up. I've tried downloading other storage analyzers on the play store but every time I finish downloading one I get a message saying "Insufficient Storage." I've even done a factory reset in the past to resolve this issue, still no luck. Same garbage, I really don't see how all this adds up, my only guess so far is it must be a bunch of files the storage analyzers I've used aren't finding or something. I'd appreciate any help I can get. Thanks.

Last edited:

CloudShepherd

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
Re: Displaying incorrect amount of storage?

No, it did not answer my question. Does this image help get my point across?

Screenshot_2013-09-29-22-36-14.jpg

Wtf? How does this add up?? I can't find what's taking up so much storage space.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Well, that's a different story! The first image only showed the total available storage, so I thought you were wondering why a 16 GB device only gave you 9 GB to use.

I've seen this kind of issue posted before, usually with Samsung products-- unfortunately, I'm not sure there was a satisfactory solution. You could try clearing the system cache partition.

Posted via Android Central App

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site

First you are flashing roms and rooted. You need to transfer your backups and all rooted stuff to your SD card, cloud or PC that will give u some room. Shall move your SMS backup to the cloud, SD card or Pc. Finally I would totally wipe the phone rehash your rom and see if that Fix's it.
No, it did not answer my question. Does this image help get my point across?

View attachment 83712

Wtf? How does this add up?? I can't find what's taking up so much storage space.

Sent from Bad Azz VZW LG G2 Cyan Tapatalk

CloudShepherd

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site

If it helps any I think this problem might have first arose when I accidentally synced my iTunes library on Kies to my internal storage. If you've used Kies especially on a mac you would know how much that program sucks ***.

CloudShepherd

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site

Like I've said I've already done a factory reset on my phone and it didn't fix it. I haven't tried a different rom, however, which should I use and how to do that exactly? =/

CloudShepherd

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site

What the ****? I may have found the solution to my problem, in case anybody reading this thread has the same problem. It appears I lost such a massive amount of storage space without noticing it because of all my ROM backups(I had 4 of them), which for some reason I do not understand, don't show up in these storage analyzing apps. Is it protected in some way so it cannot be detected by them? Anyway, thanks for trying to help me, you two. I appreciate the effort.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site

That's why I said to move them. So the question u asked which rom to flash? How dud you flash your phone first time? It's still the same procedure unless your on vzw s4. And cm and aokp are great roms. And 4 backs ups is to many. Just need one
What the ****? I may have found the solution to my problem, in case anybody reading this thread has the same problem. It appears I lost such a massive amount of storage space without noticing it because of all my ROM backups(I had 4 of them), which for some reason I do not understand, don't show up in these storage analyzing apps. Is it protected in some way so it cannot be detected by them? Anyway, thanks for trying to help me, you two. I appreciate the effort.

Sent from Bad Azz VZW LG G2 Cyan Tapatalk

Kenneth Levy

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
i'm having this same problem. instead of 8gb i have 1gb. how do i find and delete these roms? or backups? i have no idea what to look for. all i know is after using root genius i ended up with 1.5 gb instead of 8gb . i removed the root and did a factory reset but still no space. please help me.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12