No incoming Comcast e-mail on devices

ebelle

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
I am having problem (same as original post at link below) with 3 comcast email addresses on android phone. Estimate started 9/25/13. Can send email, but do not receive when polling at 30 minute interval; also does not delete emails on server when deleted on phone to keep emails synced. I am using K9 email app. When checking incoming server settings, I get the following error message: "Setup could not finish finish. Username or password incorrect ()." I have not changed usernames or passwords.
POP3 server: mail.comcast.net
Security typre: SSL (always)
Authentication type PLAIN
Port: 995
Also tried deleting and re-adding account, and increased setting for folder size.
(Was also having problem with deleted email addresses showing up in auto-fill lists -- only on web, not on android. That's been fixed with "slow sync" of address book. But then this new problem is even worse.)
original post: No incoming e-mail on devices - Comcast Help and Support Forums

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
i hate to tell you the obvious but it's time to switch to Gmail. Google makes it easy. have all of your Comcast emails forwarded to your new Gmails via Comcast's web interface.

good luck!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
1) As far as the email error is concerned, contact Comcast. Something is wrong on your email program setup. It's possible that something glitched in K9's data storage, and the username of password is wrong, or Comcast could have changed something and you missed the email, or something else that I'm not thinking of.

2) With POP3, if you have the email program set to delete messages from the server, it'll delete every message it downloads. If not it won't delete anything. If you want manual deleting on the phone to delete on the server, but not otherwise, you have to use IMAP. There are 2 protocols so that you can do it either way, but you can't do it IMAP's way using POP3, you have to use the protocol that does what you want..

Bill Edge

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
Had same problem since 9/24.

Only solution download xfinity connect app.

Comcast just wants their app on your phone. Total BS, but what are we going to do.

Droid LVR

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
The sad reality is that Comcast/Xfinity has intentionally created these compatibility issues to force you to download and use their Xfinity Connect App in order to access your Comcast email from an Android phone or tablet.
Either they're hard bent on tracking our activity or they just want us all to give up on Comcast email and move on to GMail.

Absolutely amazing that the "Help" forum on their website has absolutely zero information on this issue.