New android owner wondering about Mail app that allows 2 smtp servers?

dgrantmacleod

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
Hi all

I got a Samsung Galaxy S4 last week. Great phone! My home internet provider (Bell Aliant) seemingly does not allow SMTP relays from my wireless provider Koodo (Telus). Outgoing email does not send when I am not connected to wi-fi. I've seen this problem mentioned several times on the forum but never a 100% solution. iPhone email client allows 2 SMTP servers to be specified. Are there any android email clients that allow this?

I have a temporary solution where I have the native email client configured with the Bell Aliant SMTP server and K9 configured with the Telus SMTP server. I receive email to each and send from one or the other based on whether I am connected to wi-fi or not.
K9 allows you to configure the account twice but email still comes in twice and each email shows up twice in the combined inbox

Thanks for your help
Grant

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi all

I got a Samsung Galaxy S4 last week. Great phone! My home internet provider (Bell Aliant) seemingly does not allow SMTP relays from my wireless provider Koodo (Telus). Outgoing email does not send when I am not connected to wi-fi. I've seen this problem mentioned several times on the forum but never a 100% solution. iPhone email client allows 2 SMTP servers to be specified. Are there any android email clients that allow this?

I have a temporary solution where I have the native email client configured with the Bell Aliant SMTP server and K9 configured with the Telus SMTP server. I receive email to each and send from one or the other based on whether I am connected to wi-fi or not.
K9 allows you to configure the account twice but email still comes in twice and each email shows up twice in the combined inbox

Thanks for your help
Grant
Welcome to the forums!
Honestly, I don't have an answer. I saw that you were new and wanted to say Welcome!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995