Flashing a phone?

phenombi

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Hi there.

My boyfriend recently moved to NE Ohio with me, from Orlando, Florida. He has a Metro PCS Galaxy S3. We would like to find out if there is a way to get it to work on anything up here. Verizon prepaid, Verizon contract, AT&T, Straight Talk, Page Plus...Basically anything except Spring or TMobile because they do not get service here. We were wondering if it can be flashed to any of these networks, and how we would go about doing that. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Gbsa

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
Hi there.

My boyfriend recently moved to NE Ohio with me, from Orlando, Florida. He has a Metro PCS Galaxy S3. We would like to find out if there is a way to get it to work on anything up here. Verizon prepaid, Verizon contract, AT&T, Straight Talk, Page Plus...Basically anything except Spring or TMobile because they do not get service here. We were wondering if it can be flashed to any of these networks, and how we would go about doing that. Any help is greatly appreciated.

I had my note 2 flashed to pageplus by my local dealer. Works great, call around see if you can find someone local to do the flash. That way if something goes wrong you can bring it back to them to fix it.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi there.

Welcome to the forums!
Hopefully the above post helps out.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Verizon uses CDMA technology, AT&T uses GSM technology. It's like TV vs radio - you can't change the software in a radio to get a picture. Since the phone is GSM, your only choices (other than virtual networks like MetroPCS) are AT&T or TMobil.

ST uses the Verizon, Sprint, AT&T and TMobil networks. AT&T and TMobil are GSM. You can buy an ST AT&T SIM and a month of service, activate the phone online, and you'll be using AT&T's network.

The phone is probably SIM-locked, so you'll have to get it unlocked. (There are people on eBay who sell unlock codes, if MetroPCS won't give you the code for that phone.)