- 1 Posts
Flashing a phone?
My boyfriend recently moved to NE Ohio with me, from Orlando, Florida. He has a Metro PCS Galaxy S3. We would like to find out if there is a way to get it to work on anything up here. Verizon prepaid, Verizon contract, AT&T, Straight Talk, Page Plus...Basically anything except Spring or TMobile because they do not get service here. We were wondering if it can be flashed to any of these networks, and how we would go about doing that. Any help is greatly appreciated.
- 10-02-2013, 11:05 PM #2
- 10-02-2013, 11:18 PM #3
- 10-04-2013, 12:38 AM #4
Re: Flashing a phone?
Verizon uses CDMA technology, AT&T uses GSM technology. It's like TV vs radio - you can't change the software in a radio to get a picture. Since the phone is GSM, your only choices (other than virtual networks like MetroPCS) are AT&T or TMobil.
ST uses the Verizon, Sprint, AT&T and TMobil networks. AT&T and TMobil are GSM. You can buy an ST AT&T SIM and a month of service, activate the phone online, and you'll be using AT&T's network.
The phone is probably SIM-locked, so you'll have to get it unlocked. (There are people on eBay who sell unlock codes, if MetroPCS won't give you the code for that phone.)
- By charlee08 in forum General News & DiscussionReplies: 3Last Post: 02-01-2015, 01:36 PM
- By sbudaj in forum Verizon LG G2Replies: 6Last Post: 10-04-2013, 11:49 AM
- By htconelover136 in forum HTC One M7Replies: 3Last Post: 10-04-2013, 05:18 AM
- By RavenSword in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 8Last Post: 10-03-2013, 03:02 AM
- By NIRMAL VENUGOPAL in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly BeanReplies: 0Last Post: 10-02-2013, 02:47 PM