- 2 Posts
Very confused Google Now user!
I have a Moto X (XT1058), and it's unlocked, and on the Bell Canada network. I've been having some trouble with the OK, Google Now service - I'm able to wake it up no problem, but whenever I try to ask it to play music... it simply goes straight to a Google search for whatever I ask it. I ask it to call someone, and I have no problem. I ask it to text, no dice. If I ask it to text someone, it goes to Google search for "text ____". When I ask the phone to play a track name, play me some "___" (artist name), and even just "play me some music", it simply Google searches for whatever I asked it, ie: Google search for "Play me some Nine Inch Nails". It seems to navigate fine, I can set alarms by asking it to, so really the only issues I've noticed are the texting, and the music. I can't find a specific settings or options menu for what Google Now or Moto Assist can access...
- 10-03-2013, 02:09 AM #2
Re: Very confused Google Now user!
Welcome to Android Central! Not sure if this will work, but try opening Google Now, then tapping menu, then Settings, then Phone Search. If not many things are checked, maybe Google Search isn't able to search for some of the things you're asking for (like music). So if things aren't checked, try checking all of the things you'd want Google Now to access, and try giving it commands again.
- By princesultan in forum Moto XReplies: 32Last Post: 10-07-2013, 01:38 PM
- By kupochan in forum Moto XReplies: 12Last Post: 10-03-2013, 07:42 PM
- By preppystud in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013)Replies: 1Last Post: 10-03-2013, 12:40 AM
- By Darren Ingram in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly BeanReplies: 2Last Post: 10-02-2013, 10:01 PM
- By Joanne DaSilva in forum Samsung Galaxy S4 ActiveReplies: 1Last Post: 10-02-2013, 08:32 PM