1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default [Help] TouchWiz Firmware Gone

I'm not sure what I must've done. But nevertheless my stock Touchwiz firmware from my Galaxy S3 is gone. I must've deleted it while doing a factory reset, because my play store was acting up.

I would like to flash back to stock Touchwiz on my phone but when I looked for it on ROM Manager and in recovery all my previous backups were gone. So I was wondering if there is a way to get my stock firmware back or maybe even retrieve it from my phone from someplace it could be hiding.

Some more info: I am running CyanogenMod 10.1.3 and rooted with clockwork mod. This is on my Samsung Galaxy S3. And I am with T-Mobile on a contract in the United States.

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: [Help] TouchWiz Firmware Gone

Quote Originally Posted by Wahinya Njau View Post
    I'm not sure what I must've done. But nevertheless my stock Touchwiz firmware from my Galaxy S3 is gone. I must've deleted it while doing a factory reset, because my play store was acting up.

I would like to flash back to stock Touchwiz on my phone but when I looked for it on ROM Manager and in recovery all my previous backups were gone. So I was wondering if there is a way to get my stock firmware back or maybe even retrieve it from my phone from someplace it could be hiding.

Some more info: I am running CyanogenMod 10.1.3 and rooted with clockwork mod. This is on my Samsung Galaxy S3. And I am with T-Mobile on a contract in the United States.

Your backups should still be there. But if the phone is booted, You cannot read your backups.
    Boot into recovery mode and go to backups and they should still be there unless you deleted them on purpose.
    But the whole point to this is that you cannot do it by "accident"
    Samsung GS4 GPE | LG Nexus 4 - Sold | GNexus - Sold | HTC One S - Broke | Vibrant - Retired
    Spread some love, Like/Thanks button -->
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Ryandroid86 View Post
    Your backups should still be there. But if the phone is booted, You cannot read your backups.
    Boot into recovery mode and go to backups and they should still be there unless you deleted them on purpose.
    But the whole point to this is that you cannot do it by "accident"
    I've looked through all the restore methods that recovery offers and still no sign of them. And I'm pretty sure I did not intentionally delete it. But I think it must have deleted when I reset the phone back to factory settings. And while in recovery I saw an option to recover from bootloader is this what I'm looking for. And if not what should I start considering.

Quote Originally Posted by Wahinya Njau View Post
    I've looked through all the restore methods that recovery offers and still no sign of them. And I'm pretty sure I did not intentionally delete it. But I think it must have deleted when I reset the phone back to factory settings. And while in recovery I saw an option to recover from bootloader is this what I'm looking for. And if not what should I start considering.

a factory reset will not delete a Nandroid backup (that is the backup done from your recovery)
    So Maybe you never made one?
    You can always go back to stock using ODIN 3.06
    Then find your stock .tar from you carrier.
    And just follow the instructions.
    Samsung GS4 GPE | LG Nexus 4 - Sold | GNexus - Sold | HTC One S - Broke | Vibrant - Retired
    Spread some love, Like/Thanks button -->
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by Ryandroid86 View Post
    a factory reset will not delete a Nandroid backup (that is the backup done from your recovery)
    So Maybe you never made one?
    You can always go back to stock using ODIN 3.06
    Then find your stock .tar from you carrier.
    And just follow the instructions.
    I did make a nandroid back up. I've gone back to stock touchwiz from CM 10.1.3 a million other times. But until two days ago I cant find my backups anywhere even booting into recovery. Anyways, where do I find my carrier touchwiz version?