Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default new to Android - can data be copied from an old Samsung Wave GT-S8500 to a Samsung Galaxy Fame

Hello,

I currently have an old (5ish years) Samsung Wave GT-S8500 with operating system bada 1.0.

Arrived today (free from O2) is a Samsung Galaxy Fame (not yet got home, so can't tell you exact model number etc).

My question is whether there is an easy way to copy contacts (and maybe messages, profiles, pictures, etc), and if what should I do in what order? I am completely new to Android.

This is a 2nd phone, which I was going to just disconnect before the churn team offered a free phone for 11 per month!).

Thanks
    Banned

Global Posts
    8,700 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

Default Re: new to Android - can data be copied from an old Samsung Wave GT-S8500 to a Samsung Galaxy Fame

Welcome to Android Central!

A lot of times carriers have the ability to copy this information for you via their transfer equipment. It may be most convenient to see if they can do the transfer for you.

Global Posts
    25,264 Global Posts
    ROM
    SlimKat

Default Re: new to Android - can data be copied from an old Samsung Wave GT-S8500 to a Samsung Galaxy Fame

Quote Originally Posted by james_1980 View Post
    Hello,

I currently have an old (5ish years) Samsung Wave GT-S8500 with operating system bada 1.0.

Arrived today (free from O2) is a Samsung Galaxy Fame (not yet got home, so can't tell you exact model number etc).

My question is whether there is an easy way to copy contacts (and maybe messages, profiles, pictures, etc), and if what should I do in what order? I am completely new to Android.

This is a 2nd phone, which I was going to just disconnect before the churn team offered a free phone for 11 per month!).

Thanks
    Not knowing either device, I would see if the old one can either connect to a PC, or try exporting your contacts to an SD card and putting it in your new phone.
    Otherwise, see if your carrier can do it, like Haalcyon said.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app

What could not be changed, must be endured - New Spring, by Robert Jordan

Community Guidelines and also here, Developer Rules, and Marketplace
    Mobile Nations Sister Forums: iMore/Connectedly/Windows Central/Crackberry