Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Wahinya Njau
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Exclamation [Help] Bricked Galaxy S3

I rooted my phone successfully about 3 weeks ago and installed CyanogenMod 10.1.3 smoothly, no problems here. But I grew tired of it and wanted to go back to my stock android version for the SGH-T999 Galaxy S3. I had created a backup of Touchwiz multiple times while switching from CyanogenMod to stock, but for some reason this time there were no backups, at all! And I did post a thread on this but I didn't really get too much help from it. So I went to SamMobile to get my original firmware for my phone, and yes I got my carrier version so I didn't brick it because I tried to install a different variant. I followed all the instructions and tried to use Odin to flash the ROM but every time I did Odin would give a message saying "MD5 hush value is invalid" So I tried reading up on this on the internet and I thought I found the solution, which I read was remove the .md5 from the file name after you extract it. And I did just that, yes I know it was a stupid move; A FAIL! message came up in red and now my phone only says "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again". Now I've tried multiple times to flash the right file but every freaking time I get "MD5 hush value is invalid" and I'm so frustrated because I don't want to have to ship it to Samsung or take it all the way to T-Mobile. So I ask for any help you can offer because I really need my phone back ASAP!

Default Re: [Help] Bricked Galaxy S3

Quote Originally Posted by Wahinya Njau View Post
    I rooted my phone successfully about 3 weeks ago and installed CyanogenMod 10.1.3 smoothly, no problems here. But I grew tired of it and wanted to go back to my stock android version for the SGH-T999 Galaxy S3. I had created a backup of Touchwiz multiple times while switching from CyanogenMod to stock, but for some reason this time there were no backups, at all! And I did post a thread on this but I didn't really get too much help from it. So I went to SamMobile to get my original firmware for my phone, and yes I got my carrier version so I didn't brick it because I tried to install a different variant. I followed all the instructions and tried to use Odin to flash the ROM but every time I did Odin would give a message saying "MD5 hush value is invalid" So I tried reading up on this on the internet and I thought I found the solution, which I read was remove the .md5 from the file name after you extract it. And I did just that, yes I know it was a stupid move; A FAIL! message came up in red and now my phone only says "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again". Now I've tried multiple times to flash the right file but every freaking time I get "MD5 hush value is invalid" and I'm so frustrated because I don't want to have to ship it to Samsung or take it all the way to T-Mobile. So I ask for any help you can offer because I really need my phone back ASAP!
    Try different ODIN versions. 3.06 worked the best for me
    You can also try recovering your phone with kies
    But dont ever delete a MD5. this is what is need for verification at the end of the downloading process.
    Just re-download the file from samsung and try again with 3.06, or use Kies
    Samsung GS4 GPE | LG Nexus 4 - Sold | GNexus - Sold | HTC One S - Broke | Vibrant - Retired
    Spread some love, Like/Thanks button -->
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

And where can I find the Odin 3.06 download link?
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by Ryandroid86 View Post
    But dont ever delete a MD5. this is what is need for verification at the end of the downloading process.
    I've used Odin and I think its the problem. How do I go about using Kies because It wont detect my phone and when I try putting the Serial number when in int he Emergency firmware restore place (S/N) It doesn't recognize it.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Just re-download the file from Samsung and try again with 3.06, or use Kies
    OMG! I think it worked But now its stuck at the Samsung logo. Is this normal or?
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Thumbs up Re: [Help] Bricked Galaxy S3

Sorry for bothering you so many times but its worked! Thank you so much for everything *Thanks 100x*. I love you No homo xD. But thanks seriously your awsome and I cant say thank you enough. But thanks! I'm never rooting or installing a ROM ever again

Quote Originally Posted by Wahinya Njau View Post
    OMG! I think it worked But now its stuck at the Samsung logo. Is this normal or?
    This means you are closer.... but maybe try it again now... and see if it fixes this.
    It will take a good 5 minutes before it boots from the samsung logo because its loading everything you just placed on it.
    So let it sit... But if its over 10 minutes. Id just use ODIN again and do the same process.
    Samsung GS4 GPE | LG Nexus 4 - Sold | GNexus - Sold | HTC One S - Broke | Vibrant - Retired
    Spread some love, Like/Thanks button -->
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

It worked! I just had to factory reset in Android recovery . Thanks dude
    Ryandroid86 likes this.