Phone GPS gmaps & online phone tracking DONT MATCH!? WTFudge?

RJ Mc

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
So basically, if I use gmaps on my Sony Z Ultra, it's shows an accurate location of where I am.
If I use phone tracking or locating software, it shows my phone in a location a several miles away. Totally not useful if I really lose my phone.

I've tried different program, like Wheres My Droid, Locate My Droid, Avast mobile, Norton, Mcafee mobile security, MyXperia service, and even Google's own phone locator under device manager (yes, I really tried them all). They all show the exact same location too.

I've tried using only GPS, using only WiFi, letting google using location access, denying location access, using GPS Test Plus to clear AGPS, update AGPS, tried it when phone was stock, with a flashed newer radio, old firmware, newest firmware, changing GPS settings to China (where I live) via GPS Status and Toolbox, FasterFix, ActiveGPS, all individually of course and then a couple together as I read in other forums around the interweb with users having GPS problems, but still nothing.

Why the heck would gps maps on my phone, using google maps for example, be perfect, yet when using google maps (or the plethora of other phone tracking programs, some which utilize google maps, other which use their own) on my PC to track my phone, they ALL show a location several miles away? Any ideas? :confused: :confused:

Ryandroid86

May 1, 2012
Visit site
So basically, if I use gmaps on my Sony Z Ultra, it's shows an accurate location of where I am.
If I use phone tracking or locating software, it shows my phone in a location a several miles away. Totally not useful if I really lose my phone.

I've tried different program, like Wheres My Droid, Locate My Droid, Avast mobile, Norton, Mcafee mobile security, MyXperia service, and even Google's own phone locator under device manager (yes, I really tried them all). They all show the exact same location too.

I've tried using only GPS, using only WiFi, letting google using location access, denying location access, using GPS Test Plus to clear AGPS, update AGPS, tried it when phone was stock, with a flashed newer radio, old firmware, newest firmware, changing GPS settings to China (where I live) via GPS Status and Toolbox, FasterFix, ActiveGPS, all individually of course and then a couple together as I read in other forums around the interweb with users having GPS problems, but still nothing.

Why the heck would gps maps on my phone, using google maps for example, be perfect, yet when using google maps (or the plethora of other phone tracking programs, some which utilize google maps, other which use their own) on my PC to track my phone, they ALL show a location several miles away? Any ideas? :confused: :confused:

Id guess its your phone if ever application doesnt work or tell you. I just tried it for my GS4 and worked perfect. Located my device in less than 2 seconds, perfectly

RJ Mc

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Re: Phone GPS gmaps & online phone tracking DONT MATCH!? WTFudge?

Id guess its your phone if ever application doesnt work or tell you. I just tried it for my GS4 and worked perfect. Located my device in less than 2 seconds, perfectly

Well, like said, my phone's maps application works fine and is quite accurate. It's something in between the phone and the PC trying to access the location that is relocating the position. The Question is why and more importantly how can I fix it?

- - - Updated - - -

Well, like said, my phone's maps application works fine and is quite accurate. It's something in between the phone and the PC trying to access the location that is relocating the position. The Question is why and more importantly how can I fix it?

Ryandroid86

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: Phone GPS gmaps & online phone tracking DONT MATCH!? WTFudge?

- - - Updated - - -

I didnt really explain correctly. I just tried it locating my GS4 from the computer using Google device manager, And it was fast and accurate.
If every application you use all tell you the same wrong information. Then its your phones GPS antenna not giving the correct information. I dont know if this is fixable without root.
I know the rooting community has different GPS fixes to help improve locations.
You could also have a defective device. And you could always try to call Sony, or your carrier.
Good luck

Adamsberg

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
When you locate your place with Maps you wait until GPS locks.
But do these tracker apps wait?
Might be the same as the GPS location on cam pics, the cam doesn't wait until GPS locks ... so most times the coordinates don't match with the place where the pic was taken.

But with the tracker apps that's just a guess.