Google account sync is interfering with email?

kellrobinson

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
I get emails to my yahoo account from an organization that puts links in its emails.
I have to click on some of these links to email the organization. Clicking one of these links opens up an email with a form I have to fill out.
I'm having a problem using my yahoo email because of something google does involving sync. This is on my nexus 7 which I bought in 2012.
When I click on a link in an email, a full-screen window opens up that says
Gmail
Account not synced
This account isn't set up to sync automatically.
Touch Sync Now to sync mail once, or Change Sync Settings to set up this account to sync mail automatically.

At the bottom of the screen it has "Sync now" and "Change sync settings" buttons.

I don't want to have to sync; I would just like to avoid or opt out of the whole thing and use the computer normally, without any interference from google. But for what it's worth, I have tried syncing. It never works. I have gone into settings and tried changing sync on and off, I have tried logging out of my gmail account, rebooting; I can never get the link to work. Always the window pops up when I click on an email link.
I have tried copy-pasting the link to the url window (same thing happens). I have copy-pasted it into a text editor and examined it. It has mailto followed by the organization's email address and a string of commands that creates the form-letter body of the email. I need that form letter, I can't just open a blank email to the organization. I need the link to work.
I just need to turn off the whole google thing somehow. Is there any way to disentangle my tablet from this mess?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: google sync interfering with email

The link is probably a mailto: link - that opens your default email program (probably gmail) with some of the fields filled in. Contact the organization and tell them that their email system doesn't work on Android phones. They can fix the problem a lot more easily than you can. (And if you fix it, it's fixed only for you - if they fix it it's fixed for anyone using an Android phone.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX