- 1 Posts
I recently lost some photos, video's and voice recordings (.AMR). That I had not backed up yet.
I am trying everything I can to recover them.
I am looking for recommended recovery software. I have Android 4.1.1 running on my phone, and I work on a MAC desktop.
I am willing to pay, as long as there is a trail period, or a $ back guarantee.
My phone is NOT rooted, and I am not technically savvy enough to want to venture into that realm.
I have downloaded and tried 3 different ones with free trials and keep running into the same problem, my phone won't mount as a drive to be scanned.
Any advice or suggestions are greatly appreciated!
- 10-12-2013, 12:13 PM #2
- 699 Posts
- AreaROM 3.0 or CM7.0.1
Re: Recovery Help
If your phone won't mount as a drive, your only option is an app that installs and runs in the phone itself, and the ones that work require that your phone be rooted, which is basically just installing 2 apps on the phone. (You can't scan the phone's storage without root access, which is what rooting gives you.) Find someone who can root your phone for you - it's really a trivial process for most phones. (Most one-click root utilities run on Windows, though, so you'll need access to a Windows computer for a few minutes.)
- 10-13-2013, 08:17 AM #3
- 9 Posts
Re: Recovery Help
As Rukbat mentioned, it should be fairly easy to root 4.1. There are several fast root options which mainly consist of installing ADB drivers, then connecting your phone to PC and then running a quick root utility. Then there are several APKs on Google Play you can run to attempt to recover the files.
- 10-14-2013, 05:44 AM #4
- By SouthTex in forum HTC One Google EditionReplies: 18Last Post: 10-15-2013, 02:02 PM
- By sohailgagai in forum Other Huawei Android PhonesReplies: 2Last Post: 10-12-2013, 02:13 PM
- By Syakirin Aziz in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 1Last Post: 10-12-2013, 11:57 AM
- By bonzi11 in forum HTC OneReplies: 2Last Post: 10-12-2013, 10:24 AM
- By Matias Barcelo in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly BeanReplies: 0Last Post: 10-11-2013, 08:03 PM