- 14 Posts
So I am wondering if you had a phone, say the nexus 5 and if that phone did support Verizon's network (I know it most likely won't but if it did) but it was an unlocked nexus 5 and wasn't in the Verizon database could you just put a micro sim card in the nexus 5 and would it work for at least LTE coverage?
Posted via Android Central App
- 10-15-2013, 06:24 PM #2
Re: Would a phone not in the Verizon database work on Verizon.
The short answer is no - all you have to do is look at the problems the Nexus 7 has had - it is designed for Verizon with Verizon LTE Bands but it hasn't been "approved" so there is no way to activate it. Now, some users have said if they have an activated SIM from another phone and put it in the Nexus 7 then the Nexus 7 will work. Also, it must have a CDMA radio in it because this is how you will make calls on the Verizon network.
- By beauwhale in forum Samsung Galaxy S3Replies: 7Last Post: 12-01-2013, 10:31 PM
- By limoman in forum Sprint Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 4Last Post: 10-15-2013, 11:32 PM
- By AdamHLG in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 2Last Post: 10-15-2013, 07:42 PM
- By HiMynameisMattyK in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 6Last Post: 10-15-2013, 07:38 PM
- By gummyjelly in forum LG G2Replies: 1Last Post: 10-15-2013, 06:32 PM