left iphone trying to get everything to galaxy s4 but connector is broken

Rich H1

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
I am trying to get all my video music and photos from my iphone 4s with the old IOS to the galaxy s4.

Only problem is the iphone's connector is broken and will not communicate with my PC. And the Icloud only supports 5gig of data. How do I get all my stuff to this new phone successfully?

I am at a loss because all the how tos out there require assume you can connect to your computer without a problem.

Thank you

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I am trying to get all my video music and photos from my iphone 4s with the old IOS to the galaxy s4.

Only problem is the iphone's connector is broken and will not communicate with my PC. And the Icloud only supports 5gig of data. How do I get all my stuff to this new phone successfully?

I am at a loss because all the how tos out there require assume you can connect to your computer without a problem.

Thank you
Welcome to the forums.
All your stuff is on your PC?

Rich H1

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
thank you, unfortunately no i have never synced my iphone to my pc and now it will not communicate with my computer. I have purchased hundreds of dollars worth of music via itunes onto my phone but never synced it with the computer.

garublador

May 20, 2013
Visit site
If I'm not mistaken, you can download iTunes on your computer, log in with your Apple account and then re-download the songs you've bought. Just remember that anything bought before some date in 2009 will have DRM you'll have to remove.

Depending on where you bought your S4 from you may get an additional 48GB of space on Dropbox. That might be an option, too. If not, you get 15GB on Drive, so you can move all your music over in big chunks.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Or you can just upload 5GB from the iPhone, download it to the computer, delete it on the cloud, upload the next 5GB, etc. Since you'll only be doing this once (unless you break the connector on the S4), it shouldn't be so bad.