Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Talking I cant download apps onto sd card coz my phone has no internal storage!

I have recently bought an 8G sd card for my defy mini but I still cant download apps because the internal memory on my phone is very low. I have to manually switch the app from the memory onto the sd card, and I cant do this because the app wont download at all! Im frustrated as hell and cant get any apps that I want
    Please help!
    Im pretty hopless with technology, being female probably causes this

Thanks!

Default Re: I cant download apps onto sd card coz my phone has no internal storage!

Welcome to Android Central! Review this guide, and let us know if you have further questions: [GUIDE] Android Memory and How to Deal with Low Memory Warnings
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: I cant download apps onto sd card coz my phone has no internal storage!

Hi! This doesnt really answer my question sorry

Your Internal Storage is probably almost full, such that you have no more room to download and install any more apps. According to the specs I read online, the Defy Mini has only 512 MB of internal storage, which is not very much these days, and it can be filled up very quickly. Moving apps to the SD card doesn't move the entire app--only a component of it moves over, because some of it has to stay behind in Internal Storage. I explain these issues in the guide I linked for you.

In that guide, I also have several suggestions (at the end of the article) on how to clear up some more memory in Internal Storage, which might allow you to download and install a few more apps. The bottom line is, though, that with such a small amount of Internal Storage to begin with, you're always going to be limited in terms of how many apps you can have on your phone at any time.