Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy Nexus Mic works with Certain apps, but not all

Hello and than you for your time to read this.

recently I have received a Galaxy Nexus from A sibling because it had a defective charge port. I had replaced it (which included a new mic). I noticed my mic didn't work with phone calls (I understand that people were experiencing a muted effect, I cannot even hear a muffled sound. just fuzzy background recording) as well as with certain apps like snapchat. however with certain apps and features such as Smart Voice Recorder, and Text-to-speech feature, it functioned perfectly with clear recording. I have plugged in a external mic, as well as a two individual headsets with mic feature, and the same problem persist. I have even gone as far as to download the Soundabout app which allows me to decide what my primary recording device is, and still no resolve. if you have any suggestions please feel free to suggest, because I am running out of options and am expecting a call back from a job interview today. thank you once again for your time.

ROM
    X-Note7.0.1

Default Re: Galaxy Nexus Mic works with Certain apps, but not all

Voice Recorder records the mic, or only the other person's voice in a phone call? I suspect it doesn't record much from the mic. (Text to speech doesn't use the mic at all.)

It sounds to me as if there's something wrong with either the new mic or come of the circuitry associated with it.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Voice recorder is a independent recorder that records my own voice. Text to speech shows that it recognizes the difference in my voice. It seems to function any time except with phone calls, and snapchat. I will experiment with other apps to see if its just those two I am expiriencing this problem with
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I think I found out The issue. I installed the Secret video recorder app (which aloud me to me select my primary mic, which worked). It seems my phone has select defaulted another recording device rather than my primary mic. So my question now is, how do I select my primary mic as the default mic for both my phone and snapchat.