Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How do I add another gmail address to Gmail App on Note 3?

I've gone through all menus and settings and dont see a way to add a second gmail address to the gmail app
  2. Best Answer
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts

They moved it in 4.3. You can add it from the Settings - Accounts - "+ Add account" - Google menus. You used to be able to add right from the Gmail app, but they removed that for some reason. Once you add it via the sequence above, it will show as a second gmail mailbox within the GMail app.

ROM
    Stock JB 4.1.2

Default Re: How do I add another gmail address to Gmail App on Note 3?

Did you try adding it in the accounts under the general phone settings? I'm not sure if it works since I don't have 2 gmail accounts but that seems the most logical to me.

Sent via The Big, Bad, Beautiful Note 3
    What?!...I'm msndrstood.

Sent via Note 2

Global Posts
    9 Global Posts

They moved it in 4.3. You can add it from the Settings - Accounts - "+ Add account" - Google menus. You used to be able to add right from the Gmail app, but they removed that for some reason. Once you add it via the sequence above, it will show as a second gmail mailbox within the GMail app.
    Thanked by:

Make sure you are using the Gmail App and not the regular mail app.

Every time I try to add an additional gmail account the "account" option disappears from the actual menu. I have added 3 gmail accounts but after resetting my phone 3 times. Now that I want to add another account I go to gmail, settings- all I see under settings are my current accounts, General settings and about gmail. There is no option to ad another account and I really do not want to reset my phone again. Any suggestions on what to try next?

Welcome to Android Central! You've created the additional Google accounts already on the web, right? They have to exist first before you can add them to your phone.

If you already have those additional Google accounts created on the web, then look at page 55 of the manual (look at the actual page numbers on the printed pages, not the PDF pages) for instructions on how to add an account.

This did work for me. Go to general account settings. Thanks.
    From Galaxy Note3

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    Welcome to Android Central! You've created the additional Google accounts already on the web, right? They have to exist first before you can add them to your phone.

If you already have those additional Google accounts created on the web, then look at page 296 of the manual (look at the actual page numbers on the printed pages, not the PDF pages) for instructions on how to add an account.
    It says this file does not exist. I still cannot figure out how to add a second gmail (that already exists) to my Galaxy S3. Why is this so hard?!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl Epp Colgan View Post
    It says this file does not exist. I still cannot figure out how to add a second gmail (that already exists) to my Galaxy S3. Why is this so hard?!
    Welcome to Android Central! Sorry, I think the source file ended up changing. I edited that post, and here's the link for the actual download page for the Samsung manual: SM-N900 - DOWNLOADS | SUPPORT | SAMSUNG. Go to page 55 of the actual manual for instructions on how to add an account.

Hey guys just go to accounts in settings there go to add an account select google, then existing account
    add your account
    later you can view both accounts in the gmail app

Why they have to make it hard, anyhow, I was not able to see the two email accounts from Gmail app, but I was able to see them from mail app.
    This is bazaar. iphone have better approach than new Android for Gmail setup .
    PS
    you can still see the two Gmail accounts but not from Gmail apps.

AbuHusam