Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Arrow Samsung Galaxy SII rings for a second, shows missed call, starts rinings, shows missed call

I have been searching for an answer to this since I got the phone about 2 weeks ago.

The phone begins to ring and will ring for maybe a second, the screen lights up for me to answer, then it goes back to home screen and ring stops. A missed call notification shows up and then immediately begins to ring again...this only takes maybe a second... it does this over and over, showing up to 12 missed calls for one call. I have tried factory ringtones and downloaded, it does not discriminate.

If the same person calls right back and I am able to answer, I ask how many times did you just call and they will say - just once -

Its not a service issue and its been happening from the day I got the phone.

Most times I can answer after the 2nd or 3rd attempt of the person calling and sometimes it doesnt act up for a day.

I am at my wits end as tonight I have been trying to answer a call for several hours and am unable to. I do not know any lingo or have an understanding of fancy fixes, but if anyone has an idea I sure would appreciate it.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy SII rings for a second, shows missed call, starts rinings, shows missed call

I did a factory reset this morning. First call rang through as 6 missed calls - same as above. They called right back and I was able to answer. Any insight would be so helpful as the reset did nothing to help.

Thanks so much!