Using Google Music on two Google accounts

scoggy

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I'm looking to replace my iPhone with an Android phone, but may have come across an issue. In preparation for this I've installed the Google Music app on my Windows PC, and so my iTunes library is now stored on Google's servers. I've seen it's available on my Nexus 7, and am impressed with Google's offering.

However, I'm now wondering what happens if I also get my wife an Android phone. Currently we can both sync with iTunes and use the same music files with different Apple accounts. A quick search on old thread has led me to think if we both want to use our music on Google Play we'd have to use the same Google account (don't want to do that) or re-upload all the music to her account(!)

(NB: I'm only talking here about music ripped from CDs. I've not bought any music from Google.)

I think I may be overcomplicating it here. Presumably one or both of us could still do the old fashioned thing of syncing our phones with our desktop to get our music on the phone? Does Google (or anyone) have a piece of Windows software which would allow us to manage our phones' music libraries? I'm not familiar with the Android equivalent of iTunes. (I suspect I'm coming to this with an iOS hat on, and I'll need to recalibrate.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad