ASUS Memo Pad

Madeliene

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Hi

My son managed to put a password onto my Asus Memo Pad. So now when I try and start it up I'm faced with a password no one knows. I've tried the little trick of holding down the volume and power buttons, but the "No USB cable connected!" message comes up, even though the USB cable is connected to my PC. Anyone got any ideas? Thanks in advance.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! You might have better luck posting additionally in the appropriate MeMO Pad forum. On the desktop browser Android Central website, look for the "FIND YOUR DEVICE FORUM" box at the upper right, and type "Memo Pad."

Thomas Daly

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
of course look into your specific device, but i've had to do it several times on two different devices. first off, learn how to do a hard re-set on your device. on mine, i have to hold volume up and volume down, both down at the same time, while powering up. then when you eventually get the option, you delete user information.

so, power down. then hard reset, then delete user info.

the key is the hard reset, and the procedure on that is different from device to device.

there used to be a way....it might still work, i don't know.....but....enter the wrong password 5x until the device asks you to log in with your google account credentials. i'd try that first, imo. not sure if it works anymore.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez