- 1 Posts
ASUS Memo Pad
My son managed to put a password onto my Asus Memo Pad. So now when I try and start it up I'm faced with a password no one knows. I've tried the little trick of holding down the volume and power buttons, but the "No USB cable connected!" message comes up, even though the USB cable is connected to my PC. Anyone got any ideas? Thanks in advance.
- 10-17-2013, 06:32 PM #2
Re: ASUS Memo Pad
Welcome to Android Central! You might have better luck posting additionally in the appropriate MeMO Pad forum. On the desktop browser Android Central website, look for the "FIND YOUR DEVICE FORUM" box at the upper right, and type "Memo Pad."
- 10-18-2013, 01:20 PM #3
- 9 Posts
Re: ASUS Memo Pad
of course look into your specific device, but i've had to do it several times on two different devices. first off, learn how to do a hard re-set on your device. on mine, i have to hold volume up and volume down, both down at the same time, while powering up. then when you eventually get the option, you delete user information.
so, power down. then hard reset, then delete user info.
the key is the hard reset, and the procedure on that is different from device to device.
there used to be a way....it might still work, i don't know.....but....enter the wrong password 5x until the device asks you to log in with your google account credentials. i'd try that first, imo. not sure if it works anymore.
- By stsaxon in forum ASUS MeMO Pad HD7Replies: 7Last Post: 11-30-2013, 01:41 PM
- By joan006 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 11Last Post: 11-28-2013, 10:09 AM
- By markdek in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013)Replies: 10Last Post: 11-22-2013, 11:35 AM
- By radyoactive in forum The Marketplace - Buy, Sell & TradeReplies: 7Last Post: 10-17-2013, 07:42 PM
- By WarByrd in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2012)Replies: 1Last Post: 10-15-2013, 06:34 AM