Touchscreen Not Responding, Not Digitizer's Fault (HTC Inspire 4g)

Ethan Carr

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys, I recently bought an HTC Inspire 4G from my friend because she was getting a new phone and I had a crappy flip phone. It worked fine the duration of the time she used it, up until the day she sold it to me. It wasn't her fault as she isn't the type of person to con me out of 20 bucks, and I was the one who offered to buy it anyway.

Onto the problem. The phone has intermittent issues with the touchscreen not responding, and is on and off. A restart DOES NOT fix the problem, however sometimes charging it does fix the problem. I ordered a new digitizer and replaced it. At first it worked, and then it stopped working again. I am clueless as to what this could be. Any help?

Edit: When I took it apart, I noticed a taped black wire. could that be the problem?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Edit: When I took it apart, I noticed a taped black wire. could that be the problem?
Of course it could be - anything's possible. But the 2 parts of the digitizer are the digitizer itself and the motherboard, so it could be the motherboard. Or it could be that the connector is making intermittent contact. Or other things. It really needs someone familiar with cellphones to hands-on analyze it and determine what the problem is.