- 1 Posts
Can I get Facebook icon badge notifications without an actual notification?
I'm a longtime iPhone user (since 3G) who just switched to Android and the Galaxy Note 3 this week. There are several things I miss about iOS, and one of them is badge notifications without the need for a 3rd party app. Ideally, when I'm due a notification from Facebook, I want only a badge notification on the app's icon, like you do in iOS, and I'm getting that with "Missed it!" installed. However, I don't want an actual notification (via audible tone and indicator) in the notification bar. Is it possible to disable notifications via the notification bar, but still have it display a badge notification on the icon? Thanks in advance.
- 10-20-2013, 07:28 PM #2
Re: Can I get Facebook icon badge notifications without an actual notification?
Welcome to Android Central! I'm not familiar with Missed It, but you could see what happens if you simply turn off Notifications in Facebook's settings. Open Facebook, tap the upper left menu icon, then scroll down to App Settings. There, you can turn off Notifications. I'm not sure if Missed It requires Facebook's notifications to be on in order to work.
- By DS1331 in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013)Replies: 1Last Post: 10-20-2013, 09:17 PM
- By ProjectRecognition in forum Google Nexus 5Replies: 7Last Post: 10-20-2013, 09:11 PM
- By Ronnie Jordan in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 0Last Post: 10-20-2013, 04:11 PM
- By NastyNeil in forum HTC OneReplies: 1Last Post: 10-20-2013, 03:49 PM
- By Aleksandar Plavsic in forum Forum GamesReplies: 0Last Post: 10-20-2013, 01:52 PM