Phone is suddenly taking a long time to switch on, but not boot up

sysh

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
I've been searching for an answer to this, but I keep getting answers about long boot times.

I recently bought a used, but in good condition Optimus V. Not a great phone, but it does what I need. However, in the past couple days I've found that when the phone does its auto-timeout, it takes up to ten seconds for it to switch back on. By that I mean that when I press the power button just to get to the passcode screen (not to turn the whole thing on), it takes much longer than it did when I first got it.

I've uninstalled recent apps, but it's done nothing. Could someone point me in the right direction as to what to do?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! First, have you tried a new battery? If your phone was used, then it's hard to know how healthy the battery is.

Second, try booting into Safe Mode, which disables all 3rd party apps. If the problem goes away, then you know it's due to some app that you installed.

1. Power off.
  2. Hold the Menu Button and the Power Button at the same time.
  3. Release only after ALL of the boot [FONT=inherit !important][FONT=inherit !important]animations[/FONT][/FONT] have finished.
  4. You should see “Safe Mode” in the lower left corner of the screen.

Third, if Safe Mode doesn't work, then a last resort would be a Factory Data Reset, which will wipe all of your data. I'd suggest a system cache partition wipe first, but older LG phones typically don't let you do that unless you're rooted.

Hard Reset / Recovery Mode - Lg Optimus V - YouTube