- 1 Posts
How To Stop Roaming Data
So I just recently moved to China and I had my phone unlocked from my AT&T carrier in the states to the local carrier China Mobile. I put in the new SIM card and went to Apps>Settings>Mobile Networks>Data Roaming and made sure it was unchecked. But there is still a Roaming icon on the top of my phone and it says that Roaming is Enabled when it's not. I even went as far as turning Mobile Data off completely and it still shows me Roaming. How to I get this to go away and avoid charges?
- 10-25-2013, 10:10 PM #2
- 3,544 Posts
Re: How To Stop Roaming Data
That signal means roaming in general, be it data or for calling. Since you went so far as shutting data off, it means you're apparently roaming if you make calls. I'd check with the Chinese carrier and see what your exact coverage area should be or if your plan allows any roaming at no charge. I'm not familiar with how their services operate.
- 10-25-2013, 10:36 PM #3
- By Rab3awy in forum Samsung Galaxy GrandReplies: 4Last Post: 01-13-2015, 04:22 AM
- By ardnaszavi in forum HTC One M7Replies: 4Last Post: 01-01-2015, 08:20 AM
- By bembol in forum LG G2Replies: 5Last Post: 10-25-2013, 11:46 PM
- By buzzyclonecattleman in forum HTC One M7Replies: 6Last Post: 10-25-2013, 10:40 PM
- By patman329 in forum Android AppsReplies: 1Last Post: 10-25-2013, 07:43 PM