Does stock contact app get uninstalled when a third party app is installed

shivagarwal

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
Hi all... New to this thread and android. I currently have a Samsung s3 with jb 4.1.2 on it. After the upgrade I have realised contacts app has a little more lag while loading. I have read that installing a third party contacts app could be one quick workaround. However if I install a third part contacts app... Will it delete/uninstall the stock contacts app? Not being able to get this answer anywhere! Thanks!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi all... New to this thread and android. I currently have a Samsung s3 with jb 4.1.2 on it. After the upgrade I have realised contacts app has a little more lag while loading. I have read that installing a third party contacts app could be one quick workaround. However if I install a third part contacts app... Will it delete/uninstall the stock contacts app? Not being able to get this answer anywhere! Thanks!

It shouldn't do that. However, you can try clearing cache in recovery. Here is how: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...ing-into-recovery-mode-galaxy-s2-s3-tab2.html

shivagarwal

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
Hi gone down south... When you say available in the background.. Not sure what that means.. Does it mean I can access both... Or the stock app becomes available only if I install the third party app?

Sizzers

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Hi gone down south... When you say available in the background.. Not sure what that means.. Does it mean I can access both... Or the stock app becomes available only if I install the third party app?

You will still have both available so you can use either.

You should be able to disable the stock app in app settings if you wish so it doesn't show up in your app drawer, but don't disable contacts storage.

gone down south

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site

It's still there. You can choose to have one out the other open by default, or you can have android w ask your preference every time you use that function. Your choice.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon