Sansui LifePad ETAB701 storage problems

Android Fanatic

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
I recently got a Sansui LifePad 7" WiFi-only tablet (ETAB701). The problem is that there are 2 storage solutions: the +-500MB of internal storage, and the +-1.5GB of "SD Card". The problem is that I was doing fine with it, until I ran out of storage in my 'Internal Storage' section. I went into the Apps section in Settings, and saw that, for only SOME apps, I could tap "Move to SD card". This managed to bring down my levels again, but now I am faced with the same problem. All of my apps that can go to the SD card are there, and now I have no space left for the other apps that can't go to the SD card. The strangest thing is that I can put a MicroSD card into my tablet AND there already seems to be an SD card inside it that, as I said before, cannot be used fully. Does anyone know how I can make my other apps go to this built-in SD card? My tablet runs Android 4.0 ICS. Thanks for any help!

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I recently got a Sansui LifePad 7" WiFi-only tablet (ETAB701). The problem is that there are 2 storage solutions: the +-500MB of internal storage, and the +-1.5GB of "SD Card". The problem is that I was doing fine with it, until I ran out of storage in my 'Internal Storage' section. I went into the Apps section in Settings, and saw that, for only SOME apps, I could tap "Move to SD card". This managed to bring down my levels again, but now I am faced with the same problem. All of my apps that can go to the SD card are there, and now I have no space left for the other apps that can't go to the SD card. The strangest thing is that I can put a MicroSD card into my tablet AND there already seems to be an SD card inside it that, as I said before, cannot be used fully. Does anyone know how I can make my other apps go to this built-in SD card? My tablet runs Android 4.0 ICS. Thanks for any help!
Firstly, Welcome to Android Central!

Re: your storage issues, you can't move all the apps to the sd card (internal) to free up space. The main reason (aside from distributing the app) is stability. Most apps need to be on the /data partition of the device to maintain stability and accidental sd card removals or a corrupt sd card, which would affect stability of the app. Since the device doesn't come with a lot of storage, you can open system settings > applications > *sort by size* and clear the cache for the apps consuming the most memory. This is a temporary fix, as you'll be full again and will need to repeat the process. This is mainly a limitation of the device hardware.

Hope this helps, let us know if you have any questions and enjoy your time on the Forums!

GarricksI

May 14, 2015
Visit site
That is extremely disappointing! :-(

1GB of storage space for apps seems laughable and almost makes me want to return it to the store. To face the prospect of forever more having to uninstall apps is just the pits.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair