Samsung Galaxy S3 Login Failure Message for RR email

Leta1911

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
About 3 days ago I began receiving a "Login Failed" notification on my Samsung Galaxy S3. It appears to be in reference to my roadrunner email account, and when I open the notification it gives me a pop up screen saying the "server password has changed" and asking for the password. I had not changed my password, but it would not accept the password on the account. I searched and found that about a year ago this seemed to be a common problem. Most of the answers amounted to 'uninstall and reinstall your email', so I did. No luck. Then I uninstalled the email from my phone, went to the roadrunner account online, changed my password, then reinstalled the email account on my phone. That worked for about 12 hours and then I started receiving the notifications again. Currently I have just uninstalled email from my phone completely while I search for a solution.

Then yesterday my phone began taking random screen shots. So far it has taken 5 screen shots at random times. I realize we just celebrated Halloween but I didn't expect my phone to become possessed.

I found a suggestion to reset to factory standard, but I really don't want to lose everything I've set up on the phone. Can I back up the data? And how? Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Lehjr

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site
This could be the result of TWC's "upgrade" for their email client, as I, as well as others are having this issue independent of OS. Why they chose the holiday season, when many people are relying on emails for their holiday shopping, is completely beyond me.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I gave up on RR email after about 2 days of hitting my head against a brick wall/talking to their "techs" who know less about the internet than my cat does.

I thing they have a random password generator running on all accounts every few days, just so they can run a tiny cheap email server and never run out of space. (Just trash all incoming emails - since the customer can't access the account, he'll never know anyway.)

You can try with "tech" support again, but I gave up masochism for Lent - decades ago.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo