Search for contacts while composing or sharing

deputyjones

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Hi there,

Just wondering if there is a way to search for contacts while composing an email.

I know I can search contacts and then choose to email them, but if I choose to share something (i.e. a web page) or if I want to add a second recipient to an email I'm composing there doesn't seem to be a way to search for them, I guess you just have to know their email address?

Thanks in advance!

EVOlved Geek

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
What keyboard app are you using?

I haven't tested this with the HTC Hero, but with the EVO 4G, if you use the stock HTC keyboard while entering email addresses on the To: line in Gmail, it will pop up with suggestions from your contacts as you type. It usually shows just a couple that match, but there's a small "down triangle" over to the side that you can tap which will bring up more contacts that match what you have entered so far.

If you are using a different keyboard app, such as SwiftKey, it seems that the suggestions do not appear, but to be honest, I didn't check all of the KB apps that are available.

Hope maybe this helps.

deputyjones

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
What keyboard app are you using?

I haven't tested this with the HTC Hero, but with the EVO 4G, if you use the stock HTC keyboard while entering email addresses on the To: line in Gmail, it will pop up with suggestions from your contacts as you type. It usually shows just a couple that match, but there's a small "down triangle" over to the side that you can tap which will bring up more contacts that match what you have entered so far.

If you are using a different keyboard app, such as SwiftKey, it seems that the suggestions do not appear, but to be honest, I didn't check all of the KB apps that are available.

Hope maybe this helps.

That is important info to add sorry. I am running Cyanogenmod which is AOSP. I am using the AOSP keyboard.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams