How do I get my Samsung Calendar on my Galaxy S3 to sync with my S Planner on my Galaxy Note 10.1?

Bigred2989

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
I'm sure this has been asked about 1000 times already but I'm at the end of my rope with this. I've had my Galaxy S3 for almost a year and I just got a Note 10.1. I'm trying to get things on my phone's calendar to show up on my tablet, but nothing I do seems to make that happen. From what I can tell both devices are set to sync data between each other but it's not happening. Holidays and birthdays from syncing with Facebook show up on the 10.1 but not the tasks and events from my S3. What kind of cloud service do I need to make this work? Do I need to make my S3 sync with Google Calendar first or something, because I can't figure out how to do THAT either!?

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
So how do I get that app to have all the stuff from my S Cal on it? You aren't expecting me to manually add everything, are you? EVERYTHING on my phone is set to sync with Google, but nothing is happening.

you need to ask this in the S3 forums. i don't have an S3 so i'm not familiar with their proprietary Calendar App. but if you truly have settings set to Google sync - it should work. obviously something is set up wrong.

Buddu Chill

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
I am having exaxtly the same issue. I am having to manually input everything on both devices, I have a google account and they are synced I would appreciate any help

Bigred2989

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
I actually figured it out on my own by accident awhile ago but never posted about it here. When making or editing an event, press on the calendar tab and select a calender with your email in it, such as Samsung calendar and will start sharing it with your other devices. For some reason the default, "My Calendar", doesn't post to the cloud.

Larg

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
So, on"My Calendars" on my S3, i have added the word "S Planner". Didn't solve the problem. The message above seems to say that you can't sync two Samsung calendars (S Planner on the Note 10.1 and Calendar on the S3) without using Google calendar. That sounds nuts to me.

roxigrrrl

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
So, on"My Calendars" on my S3, i have added the word "S Planner". Didn't solve the problem. The message above seems to say that you can't sync two Samsung calendars (S Planner on the Note 10.1 and Calendar on the S3) without using Google calendar. That sounds nuts to me.

May seem insane, but it DOES WORK! YAY. Shame on samsung for not making it easy!

Melissa Dunajski

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
I actually figured it out on my own by accident awhile ago but never posted about it here. When making or editing an event, press on the calendar tab and select a calender with your email in it, such as Samsung calendar and will start sharing it with your other devices. For some reason the default, "My Calendar", doesn't post to the cloud.
Thank you! This worked perfectly - My Calendar doesn't sync with anything but selecting your email address calendar works !

kathleen carr

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
I have downloaded passport and tried to sync - nothing. Should I do this on computer, did it via tablet. So over this. Directions should be in writing somewhere.

Jessica Askew

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
I think I am just out of luck, if I'm understanding the thread.. My issue: I cracked the screen of my galaxy s3..got a replacement, & all of my past calendar data is gone. It's like a journal to me, & I'd really like to know if there's a way for me to retrieve it..

I'm super pissed at myself for getting caught up in Samsung's pretty calender pictures & interface, because they are evil. Not only should this be easily avoided, it's like they did this purposefully.. But why? Why would Samsung stiffle progress made by Google? I don't get it. (if I had to guess though, it probably has to do with $)
Thx

Debsmlake

May 1, 2014
Visit site
If you want to take the time to do it....you can catch up with old entries by just pulling up the day, change to your email calendar option and save. It will then sync to both.

alben77

May 11, 2014
Visit site

jlj93byu

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
So frustrating! So my wife has been using the calendar standard on her Galaxy S3 and it's become her lifeline. She needs to factory reset her phone, so I am trying to sync the calendar to her gmail account. The phone is already synced via her gmail address to email. I logged into google and went to calendar and saw nothing. On her phone, under her sync email settings, it doesn't have an option to select calendar anywhere regarding a sync. I downloaded the google calendar app and it synced up right away with the phone calendar, but again nothing changed when logging into her gmail account on another computer. I tried the option within selecting create a task and choosing under "My Calendars" the actual email address, but still no change in her gmail calendar. On her phone, under Calendars, it has "My Calendars" at the top and then the first option under is also called "My Calendars" and it appears that is where everything has gone. On that same settings page, it does have her email address listed as a heading and underneath it it shows the "contacts birthdays," "Holidays in U.S.," and then her email again. When I click on display at the bottom, all are selected. Indeed, the only one that makes a difference when I uncheck it is "My calendars," as that was her default setting which she never changed. No matter how many times I use the settings option and sync when looking at the calendar, nothing is changing in my gmail calendar. I also already got a verification code from google calendar that I put in, but nothing. What the heck?!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae