Gallery app problems

wine4all

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
Hi! I'm new to this forum. I've searched other threads to see if anyone else has this problem or just me....

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note running Android 4.1.2. About a month ago, I did a software update to 4.1.2 and that's when the problem started.

Previously, when I took a picture with the camera, I could see the picture in the Gallery app and could then share it with someone via email/messaging/etc. I could do this from just about anywhere. If I wasn't connected to a WLAN, it would use the 3G network.
Now since the software update, I have to be connected to a WLAN for the Gallery app to work. If I'm out & about, take a picture, and try to view the picture, I get a msg that says the Gallery app has stopped working. Since the app is not working, I can't share it with someone until I get to a place where I can connect to a WLAN.

If I go to Application Manager, I see that I'm running Gallery version 1.1.30682. I've tried doing a Force stop and also clearing the cache. I'm afraid if I clear data I'll lose my pics.

Is there a setting I'm missing? Do I need to update something? Thank you so much....

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi! I'm new to this forum. I've searched other threads to see if anyone else has this problem or just me....

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note running Android 4.1.2. About a month ago, I did a software update to 4.1.2 and that's when the problem started.

Previously, when I took a picture with the camera, I could see the picture in the Gallery app and could then share it with someone via email/messaging/etc. I could do this from just about anywhere. If I wasn't connected to a WLAN, it would use the 3G network.
Now since the software update, I have to be connected to a WLAN for the Gallery app to work. If I'm out & about, take a picture, and try to view the picture, I get a msg that says the Gallery app has stopped working. Since the app is not working, I can't share it with someone until I get to a place where I can connect to a WLAN.

If I go to Application Manager, I see that I'm running Gallery version 1.1.30682. I've tried doing a Force stop and also clearing the cache. I'm afraid if I clear data I'll lose my pics.

Is there a setting I'm missing? Do I need to update something? Thank you so much....

Welcome to the forums.
Have you tried clearing cache in recovery?

Sent from a Slim Tab 2.