Touch screen recalibration

jyzhang

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Replaced my broken Note 2 glass along with the touch screen. However, the touch screen seemed to have lower resolution than it should be.

It works fine at top/left. But the further bottom/right, the further the touch is off from what is displayed on the screen. Effectively, I have to type one row off on the onscreen soft keyboard in portrait, and one key off to the right as I move to the right.

I might have bought a wrong part. But lots of people seemed to have same issue when replacing their broken screen and has yet to find a solution.

To experts on this forum:

1. Is there a setting that I can change to make the touchscreen match the LCD?
  2. Is there or can you develop a software that allows the touch recalibration?

Thanks a lot.

Last edited:

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Replaced my broken Note 2 glass along with the touch screen. However, the touch screen seemed to have lower resolution than it should be.

It works fine at top/left. But the further bottom/right, the further the touch is off from what is displayed on the screen. Effectively, I have to type one row off on the onscreen soft keyboard in portrait, and one key off to the right as I move to the right.

I might have bought a wrong part. But lots of people seemed to have same issue when replacing their broken screen and has yet to find a solution.

To experts on this forum:

1. Is there a setting that I can change to make the touchscreen match the LCD?
  2. Is there or can you develop a software that allows the touch recalibration?

Thanks a lot.

I don't know the answer to your questions, I just wanted to say Welcome to the forums.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech