Outlook Sync localy

kroudny

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
I have a Samsung Galaxy S II LTE and wood like to be able to synchronize my outlook data (calendar mainly but if possible the entire outlook) locally. I work for a company that does not allow to store any of the company business information outside so I can not go via cloud. Is anyone aware of a app that allows this?

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Is it standalone Outlook or Exchange? If it's a company, it might be Exchange, which in that case can by synced easily by setting up the account (assuming your sys admins allow syncing with mobile devices).

If it's just normal standalone Outlook, there are several options. Sorry, I'm off to a meeting so can't type more right now but I'll check in later if nobody else gives those options....

MEspino

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
Hi, like EvilMokey wrote, do you have a Exchange account? or a Outlook account? If you have a stand-alone account you just download Outlook App at the Playstore, sign-in with your credentials and then you need to configure the follow:

• Give app permission to handle your account.
  • Configure Interval time to check new emails
  • How many emails do you want to see (time period based)
  • Type of notification (Push will be default)
  • Finally enable sync your contacts and calendar.

And you are done, but if you have a Exchange account you need to talk with your IT Manager, maybe you need some permission or the address of the IMAP, POP Server, but check this link maybe can help you

Regards

kroudny

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for your response albeit interrupted. Yes my computer is part of an MS exchange. I am not sure if my company allows syncing with private mobile devices (many people have company blackberries which are synced). I will find out and ask if I can be given an account. I will let you know how I fared. If I still have a problem I am afraid you will here from me again.

Thanks again

Geore

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Be aware that company email residing on y9our personal phone (IOW, anything you've synced) is still company property - and so far the courts have held that they have the right to completely wipe your phone if you leave their employ (or for any other reason the company feels they need Put company emails on a company cellphone? Sure. And when I leave they get the phone back. But give them tacit permission to read and wipe what's on my personal phone? Not me.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance