Adding music to Android (Nexus 5) using Itunes + Android File Transfer on a Mac

tayjbot

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
I love the native music player that comes stock on android (via google music). I also use a mac, and I'm in Canada (so I can't take full advantage of the google music service, I.E. storing music in the cloud and managing it that way. In order to put music on my android phone i simply select the songs in my itunes and and drag them into the music folder in Android File Transfer. This works, however, there is one problem: the songs aren't organized into folders, which makes it extremely difficult to organize / delete music from my phone when I want to, as the songs are organized as 01 01 01 01 01 01 02 02 02 02 02 02 03 03 03 03 etc. I tried to right click the music folder and say new folder but it won't create that folder in the music folder. I tried moving the songs into that folder then dragging it into the music folder but that won't work.

I really don't want to use double twist, because I have in the past, and I don't really like it all that much. I just want my files to be organized into folders so that when I can delete them later when I want to. Surely there's an easy way to go about this that I'm missing.

Thanks.

cdangers

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
Why not just plug it in and transfer folders from the computer to the phone via USB? Plugging it into a computer should present you with the file system on the phone. Just create a music folder and drag and drop. Alternatively, it would seem that you are not well versed in Android and do not know that it has an actual file system, unlike ios. You could use esfile explorer / astro to transfer folders over wifi.

Jonathan Boey

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
download MobileGo, I have a Nexus 5 and it works like a charm, It connects your phone without any fuss cough*samsungkies*cough and you can import playlists from Itunes right into your "Play Music" app. It also allows you to backup your device's contacts and sms'. The only downfall is that its $39.99. You can try it out for free for 15 days though....I'm still in the trial period and honestly I think its worth it so far because dragging and dropping music from my PC file explorer is cumbersome.

saifr5213

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
Dear,
you only need to connect the USB to system, as its on the go. then go in windows explorer & open the drive nexus & drag the music from your system to ur mobile.

:)

sumit21acc

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
Install Android File Transfer from Android.com, and follow the instructions there. (If you are using Android File Transfer for the first time, double-click it to open it. After the first connection, it opens automatically whenever you connect.)
Connect your device to your computer with a USB cable. Android File Transfer starts, if it’s not already running, and opens a window that displays the contents of your device, along with storage space details at the bottom of the window.
Work with this window much as you do in the Finder window: open and close folders, create new folders, and drag files to or from it and other Finder windows.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy