Is Virgin Mobile's LG Optimus F3 good for HD gaming and multitasking?

jayboiandroid

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
The LG Optimus F3's specs:
PLATFORM
Android? 4.1.2 (Jelly Bean)
DIMENSIONS & WEIGHT
Height: 4.57"
Depth: 0.39"
Width: 2.44"
Weight: 4 oz
Screen Size: 4.0" Touchscreen
BATTERY
Talk Time: 16 hrs
Standby Time: 9 days
PROCESSOR
1.2 GHz Dual Core Processor
MEMORY
Expandable Memory up to 32GB (Not Included)
CONNECTIVITY
Wi-Fi
Bluetooth? 4.0

Link to the website: LG Optimus F3. Get a no contract plan with unlimited data and messaging. |Virgin Mobile USA

I couldn't find an LG Optimus F3 forum so this will have to do, and I am getting sick of my HTC One V. I used Clean Master, the Task Manager (not killer) that came with it, Forced GPU rendering, used Nova Launcher, lowered brightness, and I don't use a lot of widgets, and the HTC One V still lags with gaming. I really can't afford any other cellular companies' plans so Virgin Mobile is the carrier of choice. I want a good gaming and multitasking phone. Unless, however, you know a way to get high quality games to play smooth on my current phone.

Games I want to enjoy without lag:
-Shadowgun
-Gangstar: Rio or Vegas
-Dead Trigger 1 and 2
-Max Payne
-Trial Xtreme 3

I would glady appreciate your help people.

Beth Leiva

Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
LG dropped title Optimus - it's just an F3. As far as gaming goes, unless you want to to spend a few hundred dollars on a phone, everything you get is going to lag time to time... who your provider is doesn't matter. The F3 is good, on it now. Want to play games, get a PS3.

jayboiandroid

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
LG dropped title Optimus - it's just an F3. As far as gaming goes, unless you want to to spend a few hundred dollars on a phone, everything you get is going to lag time to time... who your provider is doesn't matter. The F3 is good, on it now. Want to play games, get a PS3.
But would the Virgin Mobile Supreme or Samsung Galaxy Victory be any better?

stalemate1

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Other phones you could look at: LG optimus G or galaxy S3 mini...looked up full specs of one v...ouch, no wonder it lags. Imo any dual core will be sufficient for gaming. I played real racing buy electronic arts (EA) completely lag free on an HTC EVO 3D...go for a PSP if you want portable gaming or if you can only afford a device on contract try LG L7ii or LG L9 (both are dual cores)

The Huawei P6 may also be a good option for you but I'm unsure of your budget.

jayboiandroid

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site

The funny thing is that I have a PS3 LMAO!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
It's almost December2013. 2+GHz of CPU, 2GB or more of RAM for a gaming phone that will last a couple of Christmases.

If you want a mobile gaming machine, get a PS3, a power inverter and a HUGE battery. You're asking which bicycle is best for the Indianapolis 500.

jayboiandroid

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
It's almost December2013. 2+GHz of CPU, 2GB or more of RAM for a gaming phone that will last a couple of Christmases.

If you want a mobile gaming machine, get a PS3, a power inverter and a HUGE battery. You're asking which bicycle is best for the Indianapolis 500.

I really don't get the second part, and I'm stuck on a budget and Virgin Mobile is the most suitable so I need a cheap Virgin Mobile phone good for multitasking and HD gaming.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I think the f3 would be good for multitasking at least. I think it would lag with HD games. Any less expensive phone would.

I would compare the specs side by side between the f3 and the newest HTC Desire. The Desire may have more features (better speaker?).

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

stalemate1

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Do you think the Virgin Mobile Supreme/Sprint Vital would be any better for HD gaming amultitasking than the LG Optimus F3?
I Dont know the specs of the supreme or vital so I cant tell.
As for the F3, I looked up the specs here:
LG Optimus F3 - Full phone specifications

If I can play EA's real racing on a 2011 underpowered dual core (htc EVO 3D) lag free, then you will definitely be happy with the F3 as far as performance is concerned.

The F3 has a newer, faster chipset than my HTC EVO 3D and same clock rate and RAM...it will undoubtedly have sufficient performance for gaming, as for multi tasking, that's not so resource intensive unless you are multi tasking with multiple HD 3D games, you may or may not have a problem. (depends on the games)

But if you just play one game at a time (close your previous game when you open up another) the F3 would definitely do very well for you as you will see no lag in major resource intensive games.

Last edited:

stalemate1

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
On a side note remember that performance has a limit, your eyes can only see so much detail (you cannot see a bullet go past you) this is similar to a frame rate (how they measure a phones gaming performance) you may very well not even notice a difference between the F3's 30 frames per second and the current Android flagships 60-140 frames per second...you would need a high speed camera to see a difference just as you would need it to see a bullet.

stalemate1

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
You'd only need something more powerful than the F3 if you are planing to play the improved HD 4K graphics games that should release in 8-15 years from now. (same concept as the fastest hardcore gaming computer of 1998-1999 being outdated buy the high demand of resources games of today require, I'm just trying to say that everything/anything will eventually become outdated and insufficient.

Beth Leiva

Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
I had the Galaxy Ring... that's the only current model I can vouch for, and no, it wouldn't be better. Honestly if you haven't already bought a new phone, just go for the F3. LG makes a better phone. Period. But, you may want to invest some time in partitioning a sd card because the internal memory isn't enough if you want DL a game like that. You have after standard apps about 400 Mb left... any big game will be around 500 mb's alone.

stalemate1

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I remember what I said earlier but perhaps have a look at the Motorola Moto G, if you can get better hardware for the same price then why not ?