Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Unhappy Samsung Galaxy-Q gets stuck on startscreen and recovery screen wont boot, HELP PLEASE. NEED PHONE!

    Hey guys, just got a samsung galaxy-Q from a friend and shortly after recieving memory errors my phone got stuck on its startscreen so I looked online for help and it said to use the reboot option in the recovery screen but my phone wont launch it for some reason after trying over a thousand times.. PLEASE SOMEONE HELP!! I need my phone very urgently for buisness
  2. #2  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    31,133 Posts
    Global Posts
    31,633 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

    Default Re: Samsung Galaxy-Q gets stuck on startscreen and recovery screen wont boot, HELP PLEASE. NEED PHO

    Quote Originally Posted by Manny Cabral Courtemanche View Post
    Hey guys, just got a samsung galaxy-Q from a friend and shortly after recieving memory errors my phone got stuck on its startscreen so I looked online for help and it said to use the reboot option in the recovery screen but my phone wont launch it for some reason after trying over a thousand times.. PLEASE SOMEONE HELP!! I need my phone very urgently for buisness
    Pull the battery for a few minutes.
    Then try holding power, volume up and release when you see the Samsung logo.
    You may also have to press home as well.

    From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: Samsung Galaxy-Q gets stuck on startscreen and recovery screen wont boot, HELP PLEASE. NEED PHO

    Thanks, but ive tried this multiple times and it just ignored the fact that I was pressing any other button besides power and it tries to turn on but gets stuck on this loop. I think its done
  4. #4  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    31,133 Posts
    Global Posts
    31,633 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

    Default Re: Samsung Galaxy-Q gets stuck on startscreen and recovery screen wont boot, HELP PLEASE. NEED PHO

    Quote Originally Posted by Manny Cabral Courtemanche View Post
    Thanks, but ive tried this multiple times and it just ignored the fact that I was pressing any other button besides power and it tries to turn on but gets stuck on this loop. I think its done
    It may be. Bummer to hear about that.

    From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Samsung Galaxy-Q gets stuck on startscreen and recovery screen wont boot, HELP PLEASE. NEED PHO

    So ya... to get to the bootloader in galaxy "Q" you have to press power plus both volume keys at same time which should get you into bootloader (( just a hint you should look up the boot instructions for a device before posting someone to do it completely wrong because you gave them the "standard" boot option... sorry but not all devices boot the same even though its the "standard" <- directed to those who assume all devices work the same))
  6. #6  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    31,133 Posts
    Global Posts
    31,633 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

    Default Re: Samsung Galaxy-Q gets stuck on startscreen and recovery screen wont boot, HELP PLEASE. NEED PHO

    If referring to me, I did search for how to do it, and came up with nothing. I gave it my best shot.

    From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Samsung Galaxy-Q gets stuck on startscreen and recovery screen wont boot, HELP PLEASE. NEED PHO

    Quote Originally Posted by Ashley Christine View Post
    So ya... to get to the bootloader in galaxy "Q" you have to press power plus both volume keys at same time which should get you into bootloader (( just a hint you should look up the boot instructions for a device before posting someone to do it completely wrong because you gave them the "standard" boot option... sorry but not all devices boot the same even though its the "standard" <- directed to those who assume all devices work the same))
    Welcome to Android Central. Are you sure the process you're describing is correct? Because when I did a search for the Galaxy Q, I found this page, which describes holding Power and the "T" key on the keyboard until the Recovery Menu appears. From there, I recommend selecting "wipe cache partition," instead of "wipe data/factory reset." After the cache partition wipe is done, select "reboot system now." Then see if it works.

    Try to be a little less snarky with your posts. We all spend a lot of time trying to help people out, and sometimes it's hard to locate information on the many many many Samsung devices that are released throughout the world.
    UJ95x likes this.
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Samsung Galaxy-Q gets stuck on startscreen and recovery screen wont boot, HELP PLEASE. NEED PHO

    Quote Originally Posted by Ashley Christine View Post
    (( just a hint you should look up the boot instructions for a device before posting someone to do it completely wrong because you gave them the "standard" boot option... sorry but not all devices boot the same even though its the "standard" <- directed to those who assume all devices work the same))
    Ashley Christine,

    On behalf of the Android Central Ambassadors, they are all volunteers that do the best they can to provide help and instruction to those asking or requesting it. Our Ambassadors take great pride in the help they offer and do it all on a volunteer basis. They are " rockstars " in our view for providing this help.

    Ambassador GolfDriver97 has a wealth of experience in these areas and most of the time is right on the money. I'm sure he made a very cautious and educated response based on his research into the issue.

    Anyhow nothing he recommended changed or altered the outcome of the OP's original issue so no harm was done.

    We do appreciate it when members do jump in and offer help as long as everyone remembers were all here to achieve the same objective of helping the community

    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central.
    B. Diddy, UJ95x and Eclipse2K like this.
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Samsung Galaxy-Q gets stuck on startscreen and recovery screen wont boot, HELP PLEASE. NEED PHO

    I did the press power button and volume now phone is stuck on upload mode. Is there something i should do next?

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-22-2013, 12:09 PM
  2. I'm looking for a phone almost as good as Samsung S III but for cheap.
    By secrecyguy in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-14-2013, 01:14 AM
  3. Samsung Galaxy Note 2 - Chrome for Android - full screen mode
    By StephenAaron in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 2
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-11-2013, 02:42 PM
  4. LG optimus f7 on US Cellular
    By yellar in forum LG Optimus Series
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-11-2013, 01:23 PM
  5. Getting up to speed with new apps faster. How to you do it?
    By MTHall720 in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-09-2013, 08:52 PM

Posting Permissions