Just got an HTC One. Why can't text people with an iPhone?

cneri

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Just joined the wonderful world of Android a few hours ago with my HTC One purchase. I had an iPhone 4S but upgraded to the HTC.

For some reason I can't text people with an iPhone. I still have the 4S and I turned iMessage off. I went on the Apple Support site and looked at the devices and clicked the "X" to unregister my phone and my macbook.

Im still not able to receive texts from people with an iphone. I can send them messages but can not get them back. I am also able to send and receive calls.

This is really pissing me off and making what should be a great day absolutely miserable.

Apparently its an issue with Apple so my provider wasn't able to help me. Do you guys have any ideas?

saichick04

May 12, 2010
Visit site
I know this may stink but you'll have to get your friends to check their iMessage. Make sure the "send as a SMS" is switched to on under their iMessage. That's step one.. Step two would be to delete any old threads from you and start a new. If it shows as blue on their end they should have a little red ! which they can click and it will give them the option to send as a text message. After they do that a few times their phone should recognize that you don't have an iPhone anymore. I know it's a bit of a pain but it's the fix especially if you've already done the main part which was turn off iMessage and deactivate your phone number from the iMessage server. I just switched back to Android from an iPhone 5.The first few days (2 maybe) my friends had trouble but now I think my number is completed disconnected from iMessage so I'm not having any more issues that I know of... the friends who text me regularly I went in and changed the settings on their phones lol. Good luck! The HTC One is one awesome phone! Don't give up on it because of something on Apple's end.

NexusNick123

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Hi and welcome...Make sure on your iPhone you turn off iMessage ever if the iPhone does not get service iMessages can still work over Wi-Fi, it happen to me until I turned off iMessage.

Just joined the wonderful world of Android a few hours ago with my HTC One purchase. I had an iPhone 4S but upgraded to the HTC.

For some reason I can't text people with an iPhone. I still have the 4S and I turned iMessage off. I went on the Apple Support site and looked at the devices and clicked the "X" to unregister my phone and my macbook.

Im still not able to receive texts from people with an iphone. I can send them messages but can not get them back. I am also able to send and receive calls.

This is really pissing me off and making what should be a great day absolutely miserable.

Apparently its an issue with Apple so my provider wasn't able to help me. Do you guys have any ideas?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site

Welcome to the forums! See the solution posted by NexusNick123 below. Let us know if you have further questions.

Hi and welcome...Make sure on your iPhone you turn off iMessage ever if the iPhone does not get service iMessages can still work over Wi-Fi, it happen to me until I turned off iMessage.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Welcome to the forums!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech